Intervention Duration survey

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lizarde

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
PTs and SPTs: Take a moment to fill out my survey for an inservice I'm doing this Friday on "How long do I do this?" Give me your gut response / default answer given no clinical information. (the amount of time and reps if applicable ex. 3x30seconds). Thanks! I'm interested to see variation, not to stir up controversy.

Static stretch (for muscle):
Static stretch (connective tissue):
Stretch neuro-related contracture:
Passive ROM:
Creep (low long/long duration):
Contract/Relax (however you interpret this):

Cross friction massage:
Trigger point:
Massage for general stiffness:

Isometric contraction:
AROM (hold at end range?):

Joint mobilization:

Duration of something I forgot to include:

Members don't see this ad.

PTs and SPTs: Take a moment to fill out my survey for an inservice I'm doing this Friday on "How long do I do this?" Give me your gut response / default answer given no clinical information. (the amount of time and reps if applicable ex. 3x30seconds). Thanks! I'm interested to see variation, not to stir up controversy.

Static stretch (for muscle):
Static stretch (connective tissue):
Stretch neuro-related contracture:
Passive ROM:
Creep (low long/long duration):
Contract/Relax (however you interpret this):

Cross friction massage:
Trigger point:
Massage for general stiffness:

Isometric contraction:
AROM (hold at end range?):

Joint mobilization:

Duration of something I forgot to include:

The whole basis for doing interventions like this is that they are clinical. They are based upon the individual patient in the clinical setting. IMHO, "massage" is not a PT intervention, that is a massage therapy intervention. That is the same as chiropractors saying they do physical therapy.