interview advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kristing

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok, all of you DO premeds, I want to give a little advice...

I am a 4th year DO student at AZCOM. If you get an interview with us, FABULOUS! Know that a 3rd or 4th year medstudent, a faculty member, and a DO from the commmunity will be interviewing you. (Usually. Sometimes, there is a snarl and one of those may be substituted by someone else.)

Here is my advice.

1. Take off your stuff from high school on you resume. Take it off now. I don't want to see it when I interview you, even if high school was only 4 years ago. A caveat/exception to this: If you got some sort of big deal thing in high school - like you were an eagle scout or became a black belt or something. Those are ok to leave on. Everything else (your highschool rank, that you were on the dean's list, etc) are useless for medical school.

2. PRACTICE some standard interview questions before interview day. I am amazed at the people who get stuck on STANDARD interview questions.

3. So yuo think you aren't a good enough talker for a decent interview. Then practice. It's ok to be nervous, but one of the most painful things to sit through in an interview is someone who answers questions with a few words only - no elaboration, no discussion. Again, practice what you would say to some interview questions.

Just a little public service for you all. ;)

Members don't see this ad.

You think Eagle Scout is worth listing?

Eagle Scout was the only item from highschool that I left on my applications. I figured it couldn't hurt and would make my file more unique. Anyway, it obviously didn't hurt as I will be attending PCOM in the fall.

Members don't see this ad :)
Taus said:
Eagle Scout was the only item from highschool that I left on my applications. I figured it couldn't hurt and would make my file more unique. Anyway, it obviously didn't hurt as I will be attending PCOM in the fall.

Cool, I gotta check that out.

I think Eagle scout is worth listing.