Program-Specific Info / Q's Interview at Messiah College, Mechanicsburg PA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

OTlover7

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how Messiah College's interview process is? What are your favorite things about the program? Thank you in advance 🙂
 
I don't have an answer to your question but I also got offered an interview today 🙂 Do you mind telling me where you're from? I live in Southern California and the trip is so soon and going to be so expensive for me to get there. I called them and she said they can do an Zoom interview, but I'm worried it will look badly for me. But I just can't justify spending $1000 for an interview trip!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How was your interview?

It was really good! You get a brief introduction to the program, interview with 2 professors, meet some current students, and tour the facilities. It would be a long commute for me to get there but I honestly prefer it way more than other programs in my area.
 
Yes you do have a writing prompt! The interview was pretty short, maybe 15 minutes. Mine ran over because we got talking about some other things but it couldn't have been more than 20/25 minutes. They asked why OT and some other more traditional work interview questions (give me a time you struggled at something and how did you overcome it, etc.).

I would prepare for questions beyond just OT related.
 
We had 15 minutes for the writing prompt. They did ask one question about faith. I was very honest that I was not religious and they made me feel fine about it so I wouldn't be too worried about that.
 
I was accepted today also! Not sure if I will be going or not though. Leaning towards Salus as I feel Philly will have more job opps for my fiance than Mechanicsburg.