Doktor_dud3

Moderator Emeritus
2+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2017
North Carolina
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I recently was notified that I am being offered an Interview at a local Optometry practice (yay!) however I have absolutely zero experience in the field of Optometry or Eye Care. I do have some experience as an Admin in a Nephrology office and have a lot of generalized Healthcare experience. They seem willing to train me for the position if I am hired, which is good. To practicing Optometrists; what would you look for in a good Optometry Assistant? I made it clear that I am Pre-Optometry and the HR lady made it sound like the Doctors were the ones who scheduled my interview, otherwise I would be hesitant to ask you fine folks. Any general advice would be greatly appreciated as well! Thank you!

KHE

15+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Optometrist
I recently was notified that I am being offered an Interview at a local Optometry practice (yay!) however I have absolutely zero experience in the field of Optometry or Eye Care. I do have some experience as an Admin in a Nephrology office and have a lot of generalized Healthcare experience. They seem willing to train me for the position if I am hired, which is good. To practicing Optometrists; what would you look for in a good Optometry Assistant? I made it clear that I am Pre-Optometry and the HR lady made it sound like the Doctors were the ones who scheduled my interview, otherwise I would be hesitant to ask you fine folks. Any general advice would be greatly appreciated as well! Thank you!

Be nice....show up on time. That's 98% of it.

Reactions: 1 user

tosee2020

optometrists addison
Aug 21, 2020
tosee2020.net
Status (Visible)
  1. Optometry Student
Dress to gain trust and command respect. ...
Show up in the office five minutes before your appointment time. ...
Arrive prepared. ...
Select real-life examples that display key hiring traits. ...
Have a conversation.
Study your resume and know everything about it. Research the company and the job position you are applying for

Optogal

10+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2010
Status (Visible)
  1. Optometrist
Friendliness is a must. Confidence is fine, but humility is never a bad thing either.

If they know you're pre-opt I can't imagine they are expecting too much out of you since you aren't expecting to be there very long.

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.