Interview at UHS-COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

patch adams

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else receive an interview invite for UHS on Sept. 30?

I will be interviewing then and I am really excited! It is my first interview and I am getting really anxious and nervous. I hope everything goes well as it is one of my top choices.

Also, just wondering if anyone has any advice on how I should prepare for the interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on the interview!!! :clap:

The interview at UHS is pretty laid back for the most part, although it depends on your interviewers. Mine just asked about my classes in college, why I wanted to be a doc, and how I relieve stress. I didn't get any hypothetical situations or any ethical questions, but some other applicants did.

Be prepared to spend all day at the med school b/c interviews are conducted last. If you are the last interviewee, like I was (mine was at like 2pm), you'll be there till 3. It doesn't seem too late, but by the end if feels really late. ;) Enjoy the day!!!!

Good luck. :)

Patch--
Congrats on the interview. I am an MSII and a student ambassador for UHS so I will give you a little info.
The interview is one of the easiest you will ever do. Very laid back. The interviewers mainly want to see if you are a good fit and UHS is a good fit for you. You start off as a group of about 15-18 people and listen to a few people speak. Then you usually go to the OPP lab for a student panel or an OPP demonstration. Then you break up into small groups and tour the school, given by ambassadors. After that, you eat lunch, which is free by the way, so load up on food!! Upon finishing, you will tour Century Towers that is across from UHS. It is an apt complex. Finally you will wait in the student lounge for the interview.
Typical interview lasts from 15 min to 45 min, depending on the interviewer. Mine was cake! No ethical or even medical questions. Just stuff off my application.

So know yourself.....RELAX.....and enjoy the day.

If you have any more questions please feel free to email, PM or call me (816) 719-0682.

Chris

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Patch..

Just wondering when your application at UHS was complete and when you were offered the interview. I haven't heard back from them so I was just wondering how long it took.

Thanks!:)

Originally posted by Luwi25
Hi Patch..

Just wondering when your application at UHS was complete and when you were offered the interview. I haven't heard back from them so I was just wondering how long it took.

Thanks!:)

Luwi25,

My application was complete around August 1st and I just recieved the interview invitation last Friday, August 15. My advice would be to call the admissions staff to make sure that your application is complete and ask when it will be sent to the admissions commitee. That's what I did. The admissions staff is really nice and theyhave been a great help throughout the application process for me.

If you have any more questions please pm me.

Patch

Thanks so much for the info Patch! I did call the UHS Admissions office and they told me that I was scheduled to interview on Sep 30th with you!!:) I guess I hadn't recieved the correspondence in the mail yet. I'm just a bit stressed because I have my TUCOM interview scheduled for Sep 29th so it's gonna be hectic. This is good news though and I look forward to meeting you at the interview!!

Take Care!

Congratulations!!!:clap: I look forward to seeing you there.

Best of luck in your TUCOM interview as well.

See you on Sept. 30

Patch and Luwi25, I will be with you on September 30th. My name is Blake Miller; good luck and I hope to see you there.

Blake

Hey guys! I will also be interviewing that day and am really excited to go! Hope to see you there.

:clap: THIS IS GREAT!!!

My name is Krishni Aluwihare so look for me there! Maybe afterward we can all meet up or something. It's just more comforting to know that fellow SDNers will be there so we can support each other through the interview process.

See you all soon!:D

How fun?

I think it would be great for us to meet up sometime either the night before or after the interview.

My name is Andrea Read. Look forward to meeting you guys!!

Patch

Originally posted by Luwi25
Thanks so much for the info Patch! I did call the UHS Admissions office and they told me that I was scheduled to interview on Sep 30th with you!!:) I guess I hadn't recieved the correspondence in the mail yet. I'm just a bit stressed because I have my TUCOM interview scheduled for Sep 29th so it's gonna be hectic. This is good news though and I look forward to meeting you at the interview!!

Take Care!

Luwi,

Don't stress. TUCOM and UHS are about as low stress as they come. Read interview feedback and don't get threatened by the panel interview at TUCOM it is really not bad at all.

Best of luck and maybe I'll see you at UHS.

Russell Brunet

Thanks for the support Russell! Actually my dad was warning me that since I was taking the last flight out to Kansas City, if the flight get canceled I will be screwed. THUS, I re-scheduled for Oct 2nd instead so I will get there in time and it won't be a complete rush! Hopefully if you schedule UHS on 10/2 that would be great! :)

Take Care!

Whoops! I just realized that you're already lucky enough to be a UHS student! :D Sorry about that! So I will hopefully see you at UHS...I'll ask around for a Russell Benet.

Hey guys--
Congrats to all of you that will be interviewing at UHS. I am an MSII and a student ambassador. I may be giving you guys your tour, so I will have to look for you all. it is great to see so many people on SDN.

Before I was accepted into med school, I didnt even know about SDN. When I got here, I had already chatted with like 10 of my classmates. it is like you have a bond already...makes the transition a little easier.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to email or PM me
Congrats again and looking forward to meeting all of you

Chris