1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Interview at UT Knoxville

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by sweetasianpear, Jan 7, 2009.

1. sweetasianpear

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Hello All.

I am interviewing at UT Knoxville on Jan 23. All the places that I've checked out have gotten SCARY reviews on orbitz and google. I cannot afford to stay at the Hilton. I was wondering if you all know of any hotels that are cheaper than the Hilton, but not creepy or gross. I really want to find someplace that is nice and affordable. Those who interviewed already. Where did you stay? And what do you recommend?

Thanks a bunch. And good luck with your interviews as well.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ValeRx

ValeRx PharmD
    Pharmacist 7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    You may be stuck at a Motel 6 with Corky the Cockroach and Ricky the Rat. :(

4. luvpharm785

Pre-Pharmacy
    If you're interviewing in Knoxville, I would stay at the Holiday Inn Select near the Sunsphere. I stayed there, and it was nice. Room was clean, appeared to be newly remodeled, and linens were clean. The free Wi-fi was a plus. (I didn't do any reseach prior, and just picked it at random upon arriving in Knoxville because it's only about a 5 minute drive from UTMC.) If you stay there, make sure you mention you have an interview at UT. They'll most likely give you a discounted rate (about $80/night). Good luck and congratulations on your interview invitation!

5. sweetasianpear

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I ended up staying at the Crown Plaza. Got a great deal off of Priceline. The sucky part was, the night before a pipe burst, and the fire alarm sounded. So I woke up at 4AM the day of the interview. Needless to say, I was a little groggy the next morning.