Interview at UT Knoxville

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sweetasianpear

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello All.

I am interviewing at UT Knoxville on Jan 23. All the places that I've checked out have gotten SCARY reviews on orbitz and google. I cannot afford to stay at the Hilton. I was wondering if you all know of any hotels that are cheaper than the Hilton, but not creepy or gross. I really want to find someplace that is nice and affordable. Those who interviewed already. Where did you stay? And what do you recommend?

Thanks a bunch. And good luck with your interviews as well.
 
If you're interviewing in Knoxville, I would stay at the Holiday Inn Select near the Sunsphere. I stayed there, and it was nice. Room was clean, appeared to be newly remodeled, and linens were clean. The free Wi-fi was a plus. (I didn't do any reseach prior, and just picked it at random upon arriving in Knoxville because it's only about a 5 minute drive from UTMC.) If you stay there, make sure you mention you have an interview at UT. They'll most likely give you a discounted rate (about $80/night). Good luck and congratulations on your interview invitation!
 
I ended up staying at the Crown Plaza. Got a great deal off of Priceline. The sucky part was, the night before a pipe burst, and the fire alarm sounded. So I woke up at 4AM the day of the interview. Needless to say, I was a little groggy the next morning.