Interview attire ? for females

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mystique

The Procrastinator
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey females/girls,

So, this is a really stupid question but here goes. Are most of you wearing nude hose with your skirt suits? I have yet to find a nude shade that I like, but I don't know if black hose is appropriate.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I think that as long as the hose have no run in them, they are fine whatever the color...take a spare case to interview just in case of those runs tho'

:)

g'luck!

onwis

ps if the interviewers have nothing better to do than look at your legs you might want to reconsider that school anyway!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi pendulum,

I think it depends on your suit. I wear a navy blue suit, so I chose taupe nylons. I'd imagine that if you were deciding between nude or something darker to go w/ a black suit, maybe taupe would work too!

Then again, don't take it from me....I have to shop in the little kids' department for shoes, so I'm not exactly the vision of sophistication!!!

Taupe is great...goes with everything!

What do you guys think about a dark maroon/burgundy suit as opposed to the traditional black or navy blue?

That'd be kind of neat - not too flashy, but different. I work on a med campus, and I saw the interviewees last year - rows and rows of navy blue - I don't think it matters what color your suit is, but it can be nice to be different.