Interview Attire

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bravehrt

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone quick question on what to wear. How should we dress on the interview day? suit? jacket? or just dress shirt and pants?

Members don't see this ad.

i always wear a suit, with tie. Its always better to be over dressed than under.

I think the suit and tie is pretty much standard for males. At my SUNY interview, one professor was wearing a suit, one only had a shirt and tie, and the third had pants, a shirt and a lab coat. I would suggest keeping it simple, but if you like to flash it up a bit with a colorful tie, I think that would be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a How to Dress for Interview DVD Video for sale. If you are interested, PM me and we'll talk!

Bravehrt said:
Hey everyone quick question on what to wear. How should we dress on the interview day? suit? jacket? or just dress shirt and pants?

Pretty much, I think you should just wear something that is presentable and looks nice. A suit is definately ok. I wore a pair of dress pants with a shirt and tie with a v-neck sweater over the shirt. Went for the preppy look. Nothing is standard, just look nice in your own way!