Interview Attire

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chandelantern

MSI at Mayo in August!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey women: questions about what to wear for med school interviews!!!

I've know a professional suit, blah colors, conservative (esp for east schools) but can it have any style??? Is a skirt the good way to go or should you have a pants option for those terribly cold days in the north? Am I fine with just one suit or should I have two (I'm thinking OK, what if I spill something on it and I happen to have an interview with another school in the area the next day? but then i look at the price tags and I'm thinking, yeah, one should work.) I applied to a lot of schools (30+) so I will be attempting to take advantage of "double-booking" my interviews on trips if possible.

AND shoes...I bought a great (even comfy!) pair of close-toed black shoes, but someone told me today that they had to be close-toed AND closed-healed (aka, pumps). any comments?

Members don't see this ad.

news_1701_1.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi

Is it ok to wear black pinstripe? What color is most suitable?

there is a great thread on this called women's (or ladies) interview attire, search for it and all your questions will be answered