interview date of Columbia Univ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cryo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Could anyone tell me normally when is the interview date of Columbia Univ?
thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

cryo said:
Could anyone tell me normally when is the interview date of Columbia Univ?
thanks in advance

SEPTEMBER

Members don't see this ad :)
thank you very much, rashmed and Sangmitr!!!

Hello everyone :)
i am interested in applying to columbia university and i want to know whether i have to submit notarized copies of my toefl and national board or have them mailed diectly to the institution.
Thanks

indyraji said:
Hello everyone :)
i am interested in applying to columbia university and i want to know whether i have to submit notarized copies of my toefl and national board or have them mailed diectly to the institution.
Thanks

hi,
u can send notarised copies of NBDE scores,Evaluation reports and toefl.but I am not sure whether you can send the notarised copies of recommendation letters.please shed some light on this if anyone has got any info regrding reco letters.

does anyone know what shuld be the approximate length of the personal statement for university of columbia.
the application form mentions that the personal statement shuld be about 250 words... i think thats too short.
however the website mentions 1-2 page personal statement which sounds good.
i am not sure which ones right...
does anyone have any idea?

1 to 2 pages is fine.
dont make it too long.
ana29 said:
does anyone know what shuld be the approximate length of the personal statement for university of columbia.
the application form mentions that the personal statement shuld be about 250 words... i think thats too short.
however the website mentions 1-2 page personal statement which sounds good.
i am not sure which ones right...
does anyone have any idea?

thanks.
Ana

Sangmitr said:
1 to 2 pages is fine.
dont make it too long.

I have checked a lot of universities on the East Coast myself by meeting the doctors and the actual students who are accepted at Columbia and a lot other universities too. This was through my dentist that I work with who was an alumni and we both found out that for the last couple of years they have been accepting only 1-3 international dentists per year. These are usually if you have a MDS from your home country with a lot of experience or similar backgrounds. I would sincerely suggest you to not apply there as its a waste of $100 application fee. This is a way for them to make easy money as its $100 per student into 1000 students i.e. 100,000. If you dont believe me, you can certainly call them directly at http://dental.columbia.edu/education/advanced_stan.htm
and ask them "Approx how many international students actually get accepted at the university"?
I hope this helps to most of the people who read this message before wasting their money on theri applications.

hi,

I am sorry but I have a different opinion on this as I got into columbia last year . Though I know the seats are very less Generally 1-3 or 1-4 but its not necessary that u require MDS . Both of us who got selected neither had any MDS nor any MS degree . The only thing to restrict yourself is your part-1 score. If its below 91-92 your chance fades away for an interview call. The best part of columbia is they call only 8-10 people for the interview and give the results in 3-5 days so no waste of time and money.

So I suggest high scorers do apply for columbia.

Sangmitr

R_vaidya said:
I have checked a lot of universities on the East Coast myself by meeting the doctors and the actual students who are accepted at Columbia and a lot other universities too. This was through my dentist that I work with who was an alumni and we both found out that for the last couple of years they have been accepting only 1-3 international dentists per year. These are usually if you have a MDS from your home country with a lot of experience or similar backgrounds. I would sincerely suggest you to not apply there as its a waste of $100 application fee. This is a way for them to make easy money as its $100 per student into 1000 students i.e. 100,000. If you dont believe me, you can certainly call them directly at http://dental.columbia.edu/education/advanced_stan.htm
and ask them "Approx how many international students actually get accepted at the university"?
I hope this helps to most of the people who read this message before wasting their money on theri applications.

hi sangmitr,
thanks for your input, can you please mention your score and the score of the other person selected with you last year, so that we get an idea?
since you are in columbia , do you know how many spots they have this year?and their interview date?please reply, thanks

Sangmitr said:
hi,

I am sorry but I have a different opinion on this as I got into columbia last year . Though I know the seats are very less Generally 1-3 or 1-4 but its not necessary that u require MDS . Both of us who got selected neither had any MDS nor any MS degree . The only thing to restrict yourself is your part-1 score. If its below 91-92 your chance fades away for an interview call. The best part of columbia is they call only 8-10 people for the interview and give the results in 3-5 days so no waste of time and money.

Sangmitr

the scores were 93 and 95 .I have no clue about the seats.
Interview would be around October I suppose because mine was october last year.
sangmitr
godbless said:
hi sangmitr,
thanks for your input, can you please mention your score and the score of the other person selected with you last year, so that we get an idea?
since you are in columbia , do you know how many spots they have this year?and their interview date?please reply, thanks

hi
i am new to this forum and i am very very interested in getting into columbia university for advanced placement. whoever i asked had a negative answer but reading ur posts today really boosted my spirits.
my nbde score part 1 is 91
my toefl score is 287(cbt)
my gpa is 4.0
as soon as i completed internship in my country, i came to new york which was 7 mths back. i was since preparing for the nbde. i am probably going to repeat my nbde part1 again as i believe the average score of people admitted last yr was 93...however i had done my best the first time ,dunno if i can make it better this time but i will definitely put in more efforts ... i was wondering if u could tell me if i stand a chance if i apply with this score or its best if i repeat the exam,and i heard abt the bench exam too so could u enlighten me abt that too...thanks in advance

Sangmitr[/QUOTE]