1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Interview Dates

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by mknlb50, Apr 11, 2007.

1. mknlb50

7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I was wondering, which dates do dental schools mostly choose for interviews?

weekdays or weekend?

and how do you go about going out of state during your semester? is it better to have that semester off for out of state interviews??

Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. awalke12

10+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    It depends on the school. I had 4 interviews, 2 of them were midweek and the other 2 were on Saturdays.

Sometimes schools will give you a list of interview dates when they invite you so you can pick one that fits best with your schedule. You can usually schedule it to only miss a day of class so it isn't a huge deal depending on what classes you are taking.

4. mknlb50

7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    oh i thought they give you the specific date, i didn't know they gave you choices... thanks! :thumbup:

5. shamrock2006

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    some schools give you a few choices...others will "tentatively" schedule for a particular date. If you cannot make it they are good about switching.

6. Cymbidium

Cymbidium Awesome.
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I went on 4 interviews and they were all during the week. Most schools give you a few days to choose among, but I think as the interviews get closer to the end, they pick your day for you and if you can't go, you're SOL.

7. Atombomb

Atombomb Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    If you can schedule your semester so that you're off on friday it might benefit you I had a few interviews on friday, if you cant you cant and you just miss class