Interview Dates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Potatoman1800

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I plan on applying for this upcoming cycle. If and when I get invites to interviews, I was wondering during what time of the year they schedule them? Do the schools close during the Holiday Season in December?

I wanted to know since my family is planning a trip to South America during the end of December and I didnt want the dates to overlap.

Would it be possible to reschedule if I gave them at least a month's notice?

Oh and dont try to give me a written tirade about how I should appreciate the fact that a school is interested in me etc. etc.

Members don't see this ad.

I plan on applying for this upcoming cycle. If and when I get invites to interviews, I was wondering during what time of the year they schedule them? Do the schools close during the Holiday Season in December?

I wanted to know since my family is planning a trip to South America during the end of December and I didnt want the dates to overlap.

Would it be possible to reschedule if I gave them at least a month's notice?

Oh and dont try to give me a written tirade about how I should appreciate the fact that a school is interested in me etc. etc.

Don't worry about planning your trip for the end of December, schools take holiday breaks during that time any way and you can schedule your own interviews or at least somehow change your interview at most, if not all, schools.

Moreover, schools could invite you to interview anytime between your completion date and the end of their interview season. It is therefore in your best interest to be done as early as possible (strive for July/August), since you could potentially finish all of your interviews by mid-December.

Members don't see this ad :)
Given the way the holidays fall at the end of the week in 2009, I think that it is safe to say that there will not be any interviews from Dec 19 through Jan 4.