Interview dates:

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Reed1978

Jou Kak is Geboek!
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity for all those who have already been through the interview process...what are the schools policies on scheduling interviews? I ask because I will be getting married at the end of September in South Africa, and I'm worried that there isn't going to be flexibility for scheduling interviews.

When you get letters informing you that the school wants an interview...do they give you a window of time to come in, or what? Is getting married half a world away excuse enough to post-pone an interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Reed,

First of congratulations!!! That's awesome and I wish you the best!!

About interviewing some schools will just call you the week before, and tell you you're scheduled for that particular day. Other schools will let you pick a date, they will give you a choice of 3. but generally they give you a solid few weeks ahead of time so you can clear it with professors, get lower air fare (can be scary) or just prepare.

Worse case scenario, you can explain and try to get it moved. I did that with a couple of schools and it worked.

And CONGRATS again!! When you're back from S. Africa you MUST post pics.....