-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Interview for faculty jobs: Advice?
Started by New Bee
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
SDN:
I have an interview scheduled next month for a faculty position at a top pharmacy school on the east coast. Since this is my first interview, I was wondering if any experienced folks could chime in with advice.
Thanks in advance.
Do you have a PGY2?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you have to do a presentation? Provide a teaching portfolio?
I'll be giving a 1 hr talk on my research. How many candidates are usually brought on campus for a single position?
Depends on how specialized a position is and if it is more research based.
I'll be giving a 1 hr talk on my research. How many candidates are usually brought on campus for a single position?
Depends on how specialized a position is and if it is more research based.
Agree with Karm...
Usually three or four candidates per position is the norm.
I had this interview on Monday-Tuesday...now I have a feeling that the waiting is going to kill me! Hopefully I hear something soon, but you never know with academic job searches. Wish me luck :-/
Do you have any PRO or pharm econ experience/training? Mostly PRO.
Do you have any PRO or pharm econ experience/training? Mostly PRO.
No, I don't have experience in either.
Do you have any PRO or pharm econ experience/training? Mostly PRO.
We are trying to find that person too.

We are trying to find that person too.![]()
quit poaching
apparently nobody has the skills we need!
We've been looking hardcore. 🙁🙁🙁
Although, we are interviewing a couple faculty candidates next week so we shall see.
quit poaching
apparently nobody has the skills we need!
We've been looking hardcore. 🙁🙁🙁
Although, we are interviewing a couple faculty candidates next week so we shall see.
Wait 3.5-4 years for me to graduate and hire me
Good Luck!
What's the pay range for this position? I have on campus interview soon as well, but I have no Idea about the salary 🙁
What's the pay range for this position? I have on campus interview soon as well, but I have no Idea about the salary 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good Luck!
What's the pay range for this position? I have on campus interview soon as well, but I have no Idea about the salary 🙁
If it is a public university the salary data may be publicly available. If not, check AACP. If it is a brand new school, run the other way.
It is neither public nor brand new, it is private and well-established. AACP average is 80-85k so would I give my retail salary for what I am certain will be <100K for this position.
Wait 3.5-4 years for me to graduate and hire me![]()
Can't wait that long :-(
I saw someone mention pay, California public salaries are posted online and I started keying in random UCSF professors. Most ranged between $130-$190k for faculty positions, i saw a few go into the $250k's for whatever reason...dean was listed at $350k/yr. This was 2011 data. Vacation cash outs may skew data.
http://www.sacbee.com/statepay/
http://www.sacbee.com/statepay/