Interview for letter of recommendation

Started by demh23
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

demh23

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi

I have the opportunity to interview with a faculty member that works at the medical school of a university that I'm interested in (for undergrad). My goal is to get a letter of recommendation from him. What kind of questions can I expect and what should I ask him? Should I tell him that I am interested in medicine?

Thanks
 
Have you met the interviewer before? If not, it's not reasonable to ask for a LOR from someone you've only talked to for an hour or so. If you're talking about how you want a good interview writeup from the faculty member it makes more sense.