Interview Hotel Stay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alexii

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I am new to this forum so hello to everyone!

I would like to split the hotel room cost with anyone going to Temple on 10/24 or Pittsburgh on 11/04.

Also anybody know what is the best way to travel from JFK airport to Pittsburgh?

Members don't see this ad.

Heya there.

American Airlines and Delta both offer direct flights from JFK to Pittsburgh. Tickets are usually around $130 or so if you reserve early enough.

Whatever you do, don't take the bus from NYC to Pitts. I did that once and it was a big mistake. Couldn't get up and stretch, stuck in an uncomfortable seat for 8 hours. You can take Amtrak and it's more comfortable than taking the bus, but it's more expensive for some reason. Flying is probably the best bet.

Good luck!

Thank Tom,
:)
I am actually going to take the Amtrak option because it will run me about $80 from JFK to Pittsburgh instead of the $150 by airplane.

Any suggestion you can give people like me who is having 3 interviews that are 1 weeks apart?
I will be at Temple 10/25
Pittsburgh 11/04
Boston 11/13
On the one hand I don't want to pay $95 per night for 3 whole weeks, but it also doesn't make any sense to fly back to California at the end of every interview.

Thank!

Alex

Members don't see this ad :)
u should check out youth hostels for in and around the locations of your interviews... they are cheap and generally have interesting people with interesting stories... the following link even lets u check availability online
hostels

crimson thanks for the post,

I will look in to it.

call the school and ask if any student, staff or faculty willing to host you for a few days because you can't afford all of that hotel expenses?
Best of luck
T