alexii

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2002
Visit site
Status
Hi I am new to this forum so hello to everyone!

I would like to split the hotel room cost with anyone going to Temple on 10/24 or Pittsburgh on 11/04.

Also anybody know what is the best way to travel from JFK airport to Pittsburgh?

UBTom

Class '04 official geezer
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2002
Queens, NY
www.iloveny.com
Status
Heya there.

American Airlines and Delta both offer direct flights from JFK to Pittsburgh. Tickets are usually around $130 or so if you reserve early enough.

Whatever you do, don't take the bus from NYC to Pitts. I did that once and it was a big mistake. Couldn't get up and stretch, stuck in an uncomfortable seat for 8 hours. You can take Amtrak and it's more comfortable than taking the bus, but it's more expensive for some reason. Flying is probably the best bet.

Good luck!

OP
A

alexii

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2002
Visit site
Status
Thank Tom,
:)
I am actually going to take the Amtrak option because it will run me about $80 from JFK to Pittsburgh instead of the $150 by airplane.

Any suggestion you can give people like me who is having 3 interviews that are 1 weeks apart?
I will be at Temple 10/25
Pittsburgh 11/04
Boston 11/13
On the one hand I don't want to pay $95 per night for 3 whole weeks, but it also doesn't make any sense to fly back to California at the end of every interview.

Thank!

Alex

About the Ads

crimson

What up Smokey!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2001
Visit site
Status
u should check out youth hostels for in and around the locations of your interviews... they are cheap and generally have interesting people with interesting stories... the following link even lets u check availability online
hostels

OP
A

alexii

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2002
Visit site
Status
crimson thanks for the post,

I will look in to it.

tinker bell

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2001
vallejo, CA
Visit site
Status
call the school and ask if any student, staff or faculty willing to host you for a few days because you can't afford all of that hotel expenses?
Best of luck
T

About the Ads