Interview Housing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

timpeds

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just had a great idea - since we all live all over the country and will be interviewing at places from coast to coast.... what if we use this forum as a place to post offers for cheap (read "free") overnight housing. I'll start - I live in Cincinnati in a nice place literally 5 minutes from all the hospitals. We have a comfy couch, cable modem, DVD and digital cable.

Members don't see this ad.

This is a question you should ask the program coordinators when you set up your interview. Many programs have residents that have volunteered to host interviewees. However, due to the possible large number of requests, many programs do not openly state this. However, if you were to ask a program coordinator, I am sure they would either have residents that have already volunteered or they would track them down to help you out.

Just my 2 cents.

Also, many programs have group rates at local hotels that are pretty cheap. Just ask the coordinator for help... that's what they're there for.

Members don't see this ad :)
If your definition of cheap is $90-100 then most places will line you up a cheap place to stay. I recommend A) The residents and B) The motel 6s/Best Westerns/slummy-looking dump motels. Interviewing is expensive enough as it is without these "discounts." My offer for anyone who needs a place in Tucson (i.e. jjs) still stands.

I stayed almost exclusively at Fairfield Inn's (A marriott hotel), it was about 40-60 a night, they are in every major city (or near every city) and are a very nice hotel (not as nice as a marriott but far better than a motel 6). Also didn't hurt that i was a marriott rewards member but the price is still cheap.

Q, DO