Interview in MARCH?!?!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CA med app

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just called to schedule an interview for Drexel and it was already booked until MARCH. I was wondering if this would lower my chances by a lot to get a straight out acceptance?

Would I be interviewing for a waitlist spot?

And, does anyone know if they send out a confirmation via email about your interview date right after you schedule it? or does it take longer??

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I just responded to your PM. What day in March did you schedule? Mine is on March 7.

VPDcurt said:
I just responded to your PM. What day in March did you schedule? Mine is on March 7.

wow...does anyone know how long they interview until? I'm not sure i will even get an interview there it its that booked!

Members don't see this ad :)
sdnUser500 said:
wow...does anyone know how long they interview until? I'm not sure i will even get an interview there it its that booked!

I believe they interview until April. I heard interviews are given Mon-Thurs. So, hopefully, there's more room for more invites.

But, I know EXACTLY how you're feeling. :scared:

errrrrr.. should I even turn in my drexel secondary then?!?!!?

CA med app said:
I just called to schedule an interview for Drexel and it was already booked until MARCH. I was wondering if this would lower my chances by a lot to get a straight out acceptance?

Would I be interviewing for a waitlist spot?

And, does anyone know if they send out a confirmation via email about your interview date right after you schedule it? or does it take longer??

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

i scheduled my interview this morning and got the email this afternoon.

when did you get your interview invites?? i really wanted one from them and i submitted mine in september and didnt get anything!! Any hope left?

superso said:
when did you get your interview invites?? i really wanted one from them and i submitted mine in september and didnt get anything!! Any hope left?

I got mine this past saturday. I sent my app in mid-October. I believe they're still sending out invites. THey interviewed 1446 people in 2002 according to their website.

http://webcampus.med.drexel.edu/admissions/studentprofile.asp

Holy crap. I guess I should just expect a rejection from them then. Aww man...this sucks. Drexel people: What are your stats?

Hey all,

I just called DREXEL today to check on the status of my application because they didnt return my emails and guess what they said that I was offered an interview. So now i dont have my interview until March 10th :thumbup: :p . Why havent I received anything in the mail regarding this? If you havent heard from Drexel in a couple months I would suggest calling and finding out your status! :mad:

skiracer90 said:
Holy crap. I guess I should just expect a rejection from them then. Aww man...this sucks. Drexel people: What are your stats?

According to the info they gave us at the Interview for Incoming 2003 Class Statistics:

Class size: 250
53% Male
Average Age: 24 (range: 19-41)
Most Popular States ( CA-46, PA-71, NY-26, NJ-22)
GPA: 3.53
MCAT: 29-30

While some people have said they thought the asmissions office was disorganized, I found them to be incredibly organized and more than accomodating. INMHO, Juggling 1400 interviewees is a task for any coordinator.

Hope you guys get an interview!

runner1979 said:
According to the info they gave us at the Interview for Incoming 2003 Class Statistics:

Class size: 250
53% Male
Average Age: 24 (range: 19-41)
Most Popular States ( CA-46, PA-71, NY-26, NJ-22)
GPA: 3.53
MCAT: 29-30

While some people have said they thought the asmissions office was disorganized, I found them to be incredibly organized and more than accomodating. INMHO, Juggling 1400 interviewees is a task for any coordinator.

Hope you guys get an interview!

Perhaps they should show Massachusetts a little love and interview me damnit! Nope...not bitter at all.

think about it this way -- if they interview you and offer you a spot, then tell you you have to decide right away, at least it's not too early... you know? you can always withdraw and cancel your interview if you're done by march. just be excited that you even have one, mmmkay?

Members don't see this ad :)
i called a minute ago and wasn't even given the option to talk to a human. How long will I wait to get a response from [email protected]? The last ingredient to my application was sent about a month ago and I've heard nothing from them.

I sent an email to that address about a week and a half ago and still havent received a response. That is what prompted me to call today, and boy am I glad I called :D

irie said:
i called a minute ago and wasn't even given the option to talk to a human. How long will I wait to get a response from [email protected]? The last ingredient to my application was sent about a month ago and I've heard nothing from them.

I would suggest calling them back and waiting on the line for a human. I e-mailed medstat on September 17 and again in late October and never received a response. If I hadn't called last week, I wouldn't have known that my LOR was lost. It sounds like things are crazy in that office and so I would definitely suggest calling again and not e-mailing. I don't know of anyone who actually got a response from the medstat e-mail address. I'm sure there's someone out there who did and they are truly lucky...

Good luck!

synapse said:
errrrrr.. should I even turn in my drexel secondary then?!?!!?
I don't think i'll turn mine in now :laugh:

I'm assuming I was complete there near the end of October because I was an August MCATer. I never received a "complete" notice but then I got an interview in the mail on Saturday, November 20. Good luck everyone.

irie said:

i just called them Again..and got through! Call them right now! :laugh:
No interview news though..just "my file is complete"

good luck to you all :)

sdnUser500 said:
i just called them Again..and got through! Call them right now! :laugh:
No interview news though..just "my file is complete"

good luck to you all :)

did you select "check your status" or "schedule an interview?" i keep getting a recording.

ahhhhh - just spoke to someone. my file is complete too -- and they said allow 6 to 8 weeks before i'll hear something. grr.

the notice saying that my file was complete was sent to me on OCT. 14th and I called today and scheduled my interview hopefully I will be getting something in the mail soon. :scared:

myodana said:
did you select "check your status" or "schedule an interview?" i keep getting a recording.

ahhhhh - just spoke to someone. my file is complete too -- and they said allow 6 to 8 weeks before i'll hear something. grr.

i selected schedule interview...took me to the general admissions office (status check kept giving me a recording too!)

Ok i just got the letter today from Drexel for the interview. I'll give them a call tomorrow morning, but do you know if they are flexible with the interview dates especially if i have an interview at another school near philly? I'm hoping the admissions office is somewhat flexible, and will let me schedule the interview in february cause itll be a burden (and expensive) to fly up to the northeast twice.

To those who have been complete for a while and have heard nothing, I would definitely recommend calling. I got a postcard saying my app was complete on Oct 18 and then today I got a letter saying they sent a letter to offer me an interview a few weeks ago and that I never responded. Needless to say, I never got this letter. I dont know if it got lost in the mail or what, but if you havent heard you should def call.

book your interview in march, but call to ask if there have been any cancellations to move it up. not every day...maybe every two weeks or so. sorry to say, but an interview in march is probably for a waitlist spot. good luck.

Hey Ya'll, I just recently got accepted to Drexel and I really think that my interview date was vital. Being a California applicant and trying to group east coast interviews together...I basically told the admissions office to gimme a very specific date according to my travel plans. It's kinda pushy to make demands but u kno u gotta do what u gotta do...Instead of a Late December interview, I interviewed on Oct 28 and was accepted 2 weeks after. So if possible push that sucker as early as possible if Drexel is on top of your list.

Perhaps they use the ol' horse-and-buggy method of mail distribution instead of planes and trucks.

docquaker said:
book your interview in march, but call to ask if there have been any cancellations to move it up. not every day...maybe every two weeks or so. sorry to say, but an interview in march is probably for a waitlist spot. good luck.

I called them to book my interview and told them that I was going to be in philly area (which i will be) and the nice lady said we had a cancellation for feb. 1st which fits perfectly into my schedule since i have an interview on the 3rd.

After submitting my letters and secondary application, I was sent a postcard in late september informing me that my file was complete. After reading this thread I decided to call the admissions office today and find out why I haven't recieved an interview (I have pretty good numbers for this school). The very nice lady from the admissions office told me that they haven't recieved my letters and that my file hasn't even been reviewed yet. I'm so pissed right now. Why the hell would they send me a postcard saying my file was complete if it wasn't. I have been trying to be patient for nearly 2 months waiting for an interview, and now I probably won't get one till maybe April or May. This whole process makes me want to scream. Good luck to everybody else. Hope my fate doesn't befall the rest of us.

futrorthodr said:
Hey all,

I just called DREXEL today to check on the status of my application because they didnt return my emails and guess what they said that I was offered an interview. So now i dont have my interview until March 10th :thumbup: :p . Why havent I received anything in the mail regarding this? If you havent heard from Drexel in a couple months I would suggest calling and finding out your status! :mad:

Great advice! I just called about my Drexel status (been complete since mid-Oct) and apparently had gotten an interview invite but had not received the notice in the mail! So anyone who's wondering...just give 'em a call like others have suggested (stay on the line to talk to an actual person instead of pushing 2 for the status check option) Anyways, the earliest interview date I could schedule was March 14 so if any SDNer is going to cancel his or her interview, please let me know. :D It would very greatly appreciated. Thanks guys for all your help. Gotta love this forum! :love:

I have to second the previous request that if anybody decides to cancel their interview could you please let me know thanks :D

I called Drexel today somewhat hopeful given the stories on this thread, but my file is just "complete and awaiting review" like it is everywhere else. At least the admissions secretary was very nice.

i keep trying to call to cancel my dec 6th interview, but no one answers. maybe i can give the date to one of you guys. do they let you do that?

LauraMac said:
i keep trying to call to cancel my dec 6th interview, but no one answers. maybe i can give the date to one of you guys. do they let you do that?

Hey if thats the case, I'll take your dec. 6th interview date. i have one scheduled for feb. 1st.

pbehzad said:
Hey if thats the case, I'll take your dec. 6th interview date. i have one scheduled for feb. 1st.

Hey if you take the December 6th interview date can I have your Feb. 1st interview date Pleassssssseeee :D ;)

LauraMac said:

I can hear the phone call now, "Hi, I need to cancel my interview. However, to lower the inconvenience this may cause you, I went ahead and found a replacement for that time slot. All you need to do is print out a new nametag. Have a nice day."

Where the hell is my interview invite?