Interview invite before LORs arrive?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

positivetension-

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it necessary to have ALL LORs in before your file will be considered and you will potentially be given an II? What if you are only missing one? My referees are taking their time and it's the only thing I'm waiting on.

(I did a cursory search on the forums, and it seems the answer is yes, but I just wanted clarification if all LORs needed to be in, or if there is some leniency, or it's school dependent, etc.)
 
Did you send a packet? If so then yes every letter has to come in before anyone will evaluate your secondaries. If you sent individual letters then I think there might be potential to cancel one if it's taking too long and isn't crucial (one the school specifically asked for), but obviously this isn't ideal. Someone might be able to tell you how this is done, if it's even possible.
 
Did you send a packet? If so then yes every letter has to come in before anyone will evaluate your secondaries. If you sent individual letters then I think there might be potential to cancel one if it's taking too long and isn't crucial (one the school specifically asked for), but obviously this isn't ideal. Someone might be able to tell you how this is done, if it's even possible.
This is not always true. I know someone last year who got a pre-secondary interview invite, and his letters were not in either (at University of Michigan).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad