Interview Invite - call or letter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
LECOM on October 11th. My second interview invite in two days of mail! I am so excited! Everyone keep smiling and checking those mailboxes! :D

Members don't see this ad.

What a week! I got invites from UNECOM, TOURO, NOVA, PCOM, AND DMU. I can't believe this. I never dreamed of this. Looks like I will rank up the frequent flyer milage. Anybody find descent airfare?

Congrats on the interviews! Try cheaptickets.com or orbitz.com. I got a reasonable ticket on American into Des Moines. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
YAHOO! I got an interview invite from AZCOM today. Anyone have any advice on traveling to AZCOM? I assume it's best to fly into Phoenix - how far is the school from Phoenix? Is a car rental my best option?

orbitz.com is where I've gotten all of my tickets so far.

algae - the airport in Phoenix is about 20-30 minutes from the school. I rented a car and it was really easy to find everything. I stayed at the Sleep Inn which was close to the school. MedPuck stayed somewhere else that he said was good (it's on this site somewhere). Best of luck and relax!!! They're really nice and friendly out there. :)

algae, when are you planning to head out to arizona? i'll be there on october 15th, and i'll be staying with a host on campus the day before. tell me if you have the same day and we'll meet and chat!

Hey Wasabi - I'll be there on the 15th as well. I made the interview arrangements on the phone and haven't gotten anything in the mail yet about medical student hosts. I plan on flying in on the 14th or so to check the place out. If you want to get together post your email address and I'll be in touch.

Hey PalCareGL,
I am sorry I did not say good bye but my connecting flight was across the airport and was leaving without me (but I caught it). I hope your flight home was fine. You should come to COMP, I will be there on Oct. 18! I am looking forward to the TUCOM interview, we are going to have a blast! Let me know when you will be getting in to San Fran. for your TUCOM interview. :D :D :D :D

algae,

you can call the admissions office and they'll give you a list of the individuals who are available as hosts.

Gator- That's okay, I figured as much... good luck at your COMP interview. I can't wait to see you either, this is a great experience so far (getting to travel and make new friends). :) I'm excited about San Fransisco and plus I get to see Johnny at LECOM next week. Does life get better than this? How is that book? Do you like it? I will see you soon - as it gets closer we should make some solid plans to meet up.

Anyone else going to TUCOM on the 22nd? Gator and I would love to meet you! :D

MedPuck - I am so sorry that I won't be able to see you again, but I declined my CCOM interview this morning (it was hard to do but I need to save money wherever possible). So, to anyone applying to CCOM - there is one more interview spot open. :) Best of luck to everyone, MedPuck I want to hear how it went when you get back from there (the whole five minute drive that you have - ha ha).

PalCareGrl: Hey I understand...but I don't, jk!! You will have several schools to choose from, so turning CCOM down won't end your career. I will let you know how it went. I am heading to DMU tomorrow morning for #2. Keep me posted during your journeys, and of course best of luck. Sorry we won't meet again, unless Arizona is our call!

I'll miss you MedPuck - but best of luck at DMU!!! You will also have your schools to choose from (maybe more if AMCAS ever gets their act together). :) Keep in touch and let me know how your interviews go! :D

I just received an interview invite from NOVA. Has anyone interviewed there yet? How's the weather like in Florida? Do you think it's worth checking out? :D

Wasabi-

I'm flying there Saturday.. interviewing on Monday.. I'll let you know!

-A

P.S. I like the website.. :D

Wasabi- I was just there last Monday and I loved it. Not only because it's warm all year round, but also because the program is great- early preceptorship, local clinical (you don't have to travel all over the country if you don't want to - but the option is there), and the school was very nice. The electives sound great and they are really stressing getting you ready for your clinical years which I like. I also liked the fact that you can get your MPH for free in conjunction with your DO and you can also elect to get your MBA too (but you have to pay tuition for it).

Let's put it this way, I almost didn't apply there, then I decided to but was not expecting to like it so much and now it's one of my top choices. I think you should go and see if you like it - take a chance (plus it's Florida so it'll be warm). :)

Oh, just don't stay at Rolling Hills unless you have to- I was very disappointed in that place! :) Let me know if you have any more questions - and there are NOVA students on the boards too that you could ask questions of. :D

PalCareGrl
We should call you a NOVA spokesperson :D :D !. I agree with PalCareGrl I really loved NOVA (I also was not going to apply but changed my mind). All the students were really nice and helpful. Amra you should have a blast.
Liz,
How did your interview go? Did you go to LECOM? I will try to email you later.

PalCareGrl,
Had DMU on friday, went very well. I really enjoyed the school and believe it or not, the city. Similar student satisfaction as Arizona and heavy emphasis on OMM. CCOM is forgiving if you have changed your mind! Actually I have received three other invites including my state school, which I am psyched about. I wish I had put aside some more $$ for the travelling (I didn't think I would get more than a couple of invites), but it is exciting nevertheless. Keep me updated with your adventures and take care! :D

Med Puck
I am heading to DMU on thursday. Any advice? I am just like you, overwhelmed at the response I am getting for interviews. My credit cards are deffinitely feeling it. I guess this is part of the fun of it though. Good luck on your other interviews.

Relax, relax, relax. No kidding! The day starts out with info sessions and ends with your interview. The interview is a conversation about your experiences and desire to become a D.O. Know yourself and have fun. It is definitely a relaxing experience (did I mention that?) Good luck and let us know how it goes. :D

Gator, just got back from LECOM yesterday. Johnny and I were not impressed. If you meet a "Jared" from Long Island at Western when you go, he's a buddy of ours and he was at LECOM too. The interview part was great, but the school was nothing compared to NOVA. (I guess I do sound a little excited, huh). :) I can't wait to hear from NOVA, especially since UNECOM is only a week and a half away. My two top choices, I think the stress is getting to me. ;) Have you heard from anywhere else yet? I'll talk to you soon!

MedPuck, Great to hear that your interview went well. You sound surprised that you liked Iowa so much! :) Congrats on your other interviews!!! When you are going to those? I'm anxiously awaiting word from AZCOM (did they tell us two weeks or three?) It's going to be two weeks on Friday. I can't believe it. Okay, gotta run, keep me updated about your interviews and acceptances!

I was notified by email about an interview at Des Moines on October 25th. :D