Interview Invites 2015!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hackensack UMC are sending out invites via phone calls.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Another wait list email from Boston Medical Center. Any one ever heard of someone getting an interview after being waitlisted? Just curious if it actually has happened.

I just got wait-listed for a different as well... Or at least i think i did. The said additional interview spots may become available in the next week or so and that they'll be in touch. I'm not too hopeful but i am curious if anyone's ever gotten an interview offer after being "waitlisted"

Anyone interviewed at St.Joseph/Candler in Savannah? They have a clinical case for 30min which is really starting to worry me.

anyone hear anything about the children's hospital of philadelphia or university of maryland?

Anyone else apply to a program before the deadline on PhorCAS only to later discover that the program's actual deadline was two weeks earlier?

Program says my application was too late.

But, I finally found correct date on ASHP directory - program website (what I can find on it) has deadline from 2013 on it.

Think I could at least get my $35 back from PhorCAS? Ha ha ha.

Anyone else apply to a program before the deadline on PhorCAS only to later discover that the program's actual deadline was two weeks earlier?

But, I finally found correct date on ASHP directory - program website (what I can find on it) has deadline from 2013 on it.

Can we get $35 back for every rejection we get from PhorCAS? :naughty:

SwedishAmerican Hospital in Rockford, IL....only one left on my list. Anybody have input?

Has anybody hear back from any of these programs yet?

UT-Southwestern
Methodist Dallas Medical Center
UT-Medical Branch
Baylor University Medical Center - Dallas

Members don't see this ad :)

I ranted about them a while ago. I applied to a program who told me they had early committed after they received my app. Apparently they told phorcas they wouldn't be participating, though phorcas decided not to remove their listing. The program I applied to had a deadline of Jan 7 2015, then when I called and harrassed them about their error, I checked the next week and the site said the deadline was 1/1/1981... meanwhile they still have my coins.

They are making a killing off our desperation.

For future reference, I have found the most accurate way to determine if a program has early committed (other than a direct answer from them) is to check the natmatch website. Programs that have early committed will not be registered for the match process, though they still may be listed in phorcas.

Has anybody hear back from any of these programs yet?

UT-Southwestern
Methodist Dallas Medical Center
UT-Medical Branch
Baylor University Medical Center - Dallas

I know that UT-SW has sent rejections.

I heard from someone who heard that someone got a rejection from Baylor University Medical Center. I'm waiting for that one, too. I don't believe they have sent any invites yet, but I'm not sure.

anyone who has already interviewed and had a clinical case/exam or former PGY1 residents have any advice/insight as to how to tackle this part of the interview? much appreciated :)
Agreed. Mine is 10 minutes. What do discuss in 10 minutes.....?

Oh, Parkland. I wish they had chosen interview dates before the application season, and relayed that info to us. I totally would have held out for them if I had known when they were going to interview. Looks like it wasn't meant to be.

Oh, Parkland. I wish they had chosen interview dates before the application season, and relayed that info to us. I totally would have held out for them if I had known when they were going to interview. Looks like it wasn't meant to be.
i still haven't heard back. i hope they send out rejection emails

Anyone hear from Northside Hospital in Atlanta? I got Emory and Grady scheduled, but nothing from Northside. Go figure.

What are some of the interesting current topics for presentation?

One of my presentations is on a hobby. Another presentation did not mention specifics about presentations, just that it should be non-healthcare related. Any thoughts?

They had sent out phone interview invitations a couple weeks ago and just received a rejection letter. :(

USC amb care, Palomar Health, Kern Medical Center, Greater Lawrence Family Health/MCPHS...?

Is anybody else interviewing at CaroMont? Interview is Tuesday and I can't wait for the itinerary email

I'm guessing most interview invites should have gone out by now? So no news means a no?

Anyone hear from Northside Hospital in Atlanta? I got Emory and Grady scheduled, but nothing from Northside. Go figure.

I heard from Northside on Jan 20. Interview dates go until the very end of February. Maybe there's still room for more invites?
When did you hear from Grady?

I got an interview email from CMC NorthEast today. Has anyone heard from CMC ambulatory care residency?

I got an interview email from CMC NorthEast today. Has anyone heard from CMC ambulatory care residency?
Congrats! I applied for the general PGY1 program...haven't heard anything. Did you apply for the am care program or general?

Tuesday 1/20: I finally get my rejection from a certain program, disappointed but put it out of my mind and focus on the 4 interviews I did get.

Monday 1/26: I get an email from said program, with the subject line "interviews-2nd round of invitations" and my heart starts beating fast- I assume I landed an interview. Then I read it: "
We have had a few interview slots open up and later today I will be sending out invitations to a handful of those who were not invited last week." I ask myself why they feel the need to get all of our hopes up again just to reject us again. I hear nothing, and feel pretty annoyed that I have now been rejected twice.

Tuesday 1/27: they send yet another email with the subject line : "Interview Status". I cautiously become optimistic, only to see that they apologize for the confusion, those who are invited will get a separate email by end of day 1/28.

That brings us to today- rejected the 3rd time by the same program! Could they seriously be any less considerate?! How out of touch and insensitive is it to send that email to all of us!

Last edited:
I'm guessing most interview invites should have gone out by now? So no news means a no?
I got all of my invites within a week of each other, probably 2 weeks ago. Everything since then has been rejections, except for an in person invite after passing the Skype interview. That said, others are still getting interviews I'm sure.

My invites have been trickling in over the last 2-3 weeks with 3 coming this week alone so depending on the program's organizational skills, more invites may still be coming out. Just stay positive.

Also we forget that while this process is so important to us, programs have to do this on top the work they already do. However they should be more considerate in at least letting us know if we pass the first round or not.

Tuesday 1/20: I finally get my rejection from a certain program, disappointed but put it out of my mind and focus on the 4 interviews I did get.

Monday 1/26: I get an email from said program, with the subject line "interviews-2nd round of invitations" and my heart starts beating fast- I assume I landed an interview. Then I read it: "
We have had a few interview slots open up and later today I will be sending out invitations to a handful of those who were not invited last week." I ask myself why they feel the need to get all of our hopes up again just to reject us again. I hear nothing, and feel pretty annoyed that I have now been rejected twice.

Tuesday 1/27: they send yet another email with the subject line : "Interview Status". I cautiously become optimistic, only to see that they apologize for the confusion, those who are invited will get a separate email by end of day 1/28.

That brings us to today- rejected the 3rd time by the same program! Could they seriously be any less considerate?! How out of touch and insensitive is it to send that email to all of us!

I wouldn't want to do a residency at a place like that anyway. They did you a favor.

I know at least a handful of Texas programs who haven't sent communication either way yet. Sometimes we're slow down here....

Anyone hear from Baltimore VA or Robert Wood Johnson in NJ?