interview invites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Originally posted by jot
hopkins on the 2nd and 3rd of oct

Yeah, we're going to Hopkins!

Members don't see this ad.

anybody get the packet from washU? we have to pick 10 facult members or something to interview with - then they pick 4 from that or something. they have a huge bio faculty, much bigger than i thought.
-jot

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, congrats on your interviews so far. I'm sure you're going to tear up the field out there this year.

jot, enjoy the wining and dining experience WashU will give you. It was the most plush interview trip of the ones I went on. Check your pms.

Hey Guys,

I'm new here. I'll be at Hopkins Sept. 18 and 19th for anyone else who will be there. I got that Wash U packet too- I agree that their faculty is absolutley huge. Oh well, I hope the packet is a good sign of sorts.

to clarify - the packet isn't an interview - just says you have passed initial screening - though i we should hear from them relatively soon. goodluck:)

hey diana - make sure you let us know how hopkins went;) goodluck, too bad i'll miss bailey39 and you - someother place though eh?

Originally posted by Diana13
I'll be at Hopkins Sept. 18 and 19th

Welcome Diana! Thanks for posting.

Yes, PLEASE if you get a chance, let us October Hopkins interviewees know how your interview goes, and how scared we should be. :p Thanks!

got michigan mstp invite for oct31/nov1st. uh oh - i dunno if i'm going to be in school much this semester. not passing might not work out so well

-jot

Originally posted by jot
got michigan mstp invite for oct31/nov1st. uh oh - i dunno if i'm going to be in school much this semester. not passing might not work out so well

-jot

yeah me, too. and harvard said they admitted me already without interview. In addition, they said they said they weren't going to admit anyone else this year so I can have as much legroom as possible during lectures and lab. :laugh:

--jot you are the man. so you have MICHIGAN, BAYLOR, VANDERBILT, JOHNS HOPKINS, UPITT, and most probably WASHU MSTP invites. thats incredible...we're not even into october yet.

..um, i got that packet from WashU :) ...I guess I was happy to receive something in the mail period. A couple questions though. Do mstp invites come via US mail? And where in the WashU packet does it say that we have to select 10 faculty members to interview with?? And when and to whom do we send this list to?

Originally posted by marq_bme
A couple questions though. Do mstp invites come via US mail? And where in the WashU packet does it say that we have to select 10 faculty members to interview with?? And when and to whom do we send this list to?

Last year, Brian Sullivan (WashU MSTP administrator) emailed me first offering an interview, and then I got the official invitation in the mail. That mailing said that I needed to pick 10 potential interviewers.

Members don't see this ad :)
jot,

if we by some chance end up at the same school, I'm buying you a round. Excellent job! :)

I got my first MSTP interview guys!!! Vanderbilt on October 14th.

Congrats guys! Best of luck at the interviews!

My first is Thursday, at Temple.

Nice, Neuronix!

I just got invited to interview at Cornell's MSTP program on October 25th! Anyone else get the email?

sorry nope - but i'mm really hoping to hear from them - but i got washU's mstp invite. not sure when i'm goin i will have to check my scheduale, school is just going to have sit on the back burner i guess. excited to see st. louis - they treat you real nice it seems :)

-jot

I got the email invite from Case Westerm, and then Donna sends me an immediate email afterwards saying "Whoops, my mistake, your application is still under review".....I was pissed to say the least

i got duke's reply...they say that you can schedule it over the phone. not all e-mails are sent out.

please let me know when any of you are going.

havne't gotten anything from Wash U yet. prolly GPA too low :p

Well, not only have I not received any MSTP interviews, but Michigan State University has put me on hold for the secondary application (for which I have already prepaid the application fee). Incredible!

hey simon call the schools to make sure they have all your stuff and your files are complete - i had a provlem that wouldn't have been caught had i not called. you have great scores so you hsould be hearing from some people - take care

washU oct 17-20th anyone else be there?

Got Rochester invite! Looks like I'll be there October 24-25. I don't think Rochester pays expenses or does student interview housing. Can I stay with you jot? That would be leet.

Anyways, I'm so happy :)

ach - i'm actually going to be in emory that day i think neuronix - but you are welcome to my room - has a sink, futon, bed, and is a 2 second walk from the med center. we'll meet up somewhere! when are you going to duke?

I just got an invite from UMaryland for Oct 16th or 24th...Neuronix have you heard anything from them?

Jot, when are you going to duke? Have you called the lady yet to schedule the interview?

Originally posted by sluox
I just got an invite from UMaryland for Oct 16th or 24th...Neuronix have you heard anything from them?

Jot, when are you going to duke? Have you called the lady yet to schedule the interview?

Yes, I just got their e-mail. They gave me Oct 16th or 28th. I have Pittsburgh 17-18. That would be a little crazy to go straight from Baltimore to Pittsburgh, but hell, I'll do it. The other option has me going to Rochester Thursday-Friday, then doing UMaryland the next Monday. woot.

You wanna schedule for the 16th, let me know. I think I'm good for that.

Also, all the Duke people. I just got off the phone with them. They begin interviewing November 1st on Monday-Tuesday or Wednesday-Thursday deals. She knows nothing about why we haven't heard anything by US mail, by postcards or such like that, so for the time being we pretty much have our pick of interview dates. Does November 6-7 sound good for you guys?

They're gonna miss me in lab. Our lab meetings are on Fridays and they want me to present. hehe.

:D

shoot neurnix i think i schedualed right after you were talking to her - she said someone else was on the phone. i did it for 11 and 12 november - middle of th week takes too much time - at least one weekend takes care of traveling. can you go then? it'll be cool if we can meet up.

No, I cannot. My labs for my one class are on Tuesdays. Since I have the option I must go Wednesday/Thursday. Can you reschedule? Maybe we can do it on the Monday/Tuesday before Thanksgiving (no lab then) or maybe you will be available the Wednesday/Thursday of election week since alot of stuff gets cancelled cause of Tuesday elections.

I hope we can make something work out.

You guys are such an inspiration..good luck with all the interviews:love:

Got my MSTP interview at MUSC on October 11. Yay!!!:clap: My first one!

Originally posted by isidella
Got my MSTP interview at MUSC on October 11. Yay!!!:clap: My first one!

All right, great! Congrats! :)

I finally got a few MD-PhD interviews. 1 at Albert Einstein on October 18, and one at Cornel on October 25 -- although it's kinda silly flying back and forth to New York twice within a week.

Originally posted by Simon
I finally got a few MD-PhD interviews. 1 at Albert Einstein on October 18, and one at Cornel on October 25 -- although it's kinda silly flying back and forth to New York twice within a week.

Yay simon! Why not stay in NY at a hostel for the week? (easier said than done, I am sure). Congrats!

got an invite to mount sinai mstp - they said oct28/29 - but that woudl mean missing almost 3 straight weeks of school ... so maybe dec3rd. not sure as yet.

Originally posted by Simon
I finally got a few MD-PhD interviews. 1 at Albert Einstein on October 18, and one at Cornel on October 25

Congrats! I'll be there at Cornell with you on Oct 25th. We should talk/PM before then.

I got the Mount Sinai invite also todoy, for October 28/29. Looks like I'll be in New York that weekend between Cornell and Mount Sinai.

Here's a stupid question: Where is Cornell?! I was under the impression that they are in Ithaca, NY, but all of their paperwork seems to point to New York, NY.

:clap:

I will also be at cornell october 25th and Mt. Sinal the 28th and 29th.

for simon- cornell med is located on the upper east side of manhattan. It's actually a great neighborhood

Congrats to all you guys gettin interviews at the NYC schools. I didn't apply to any myself, I really can't afford living in NYC on MSTP stipend (how are you guys gonna do it?).

In any case, congrats, especially to all of you who are just getting your first invites!

Originally posted by Neuronix
I really can't afford living in NYC on MSTP stipend (how are you guys gonna do it?).

Personally, the NYC schools are not my first choice. I think their stipends might be a little higher than other schools though, to partly make up for the living expenses. For instance, I know that NYU's stipend starts at 22K, compared to stipends under 20K at most other schools.

hey guys i got the duke invite!!! im SOOOOOOOOOO pumped! Although, it doesn't say a thing about MSTP in there. It just says that I have been selected for the interview. Did your invite say that it was specifically for mstp?? all right, gotta go, my first interview starts in.....20 mins!....ahh! (im writing this from SLU)

hey marq_bme - i'm going to be there on nov 11/12 - hope to see you there! congrats man thats awesome!!

-jot

Good god! Duke, cornell, washu? you guys are kicking some serious bootay over here in pre MSTP

congrats canem, jot, marq_bme, sluox, simon, neuronix et al.........:clap:

Originally posted by sluox
just got my WashU interview invite :)

All right, Sluox! Congrats.

I just mailed my Wash U application today - a last minute decision.