2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 21, 2002
Ohio
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
Ohio: Metrohealth, St. Vincent's, Ohio State, Wright State, Akron Gen, Akron City

Other: New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Orlando, U of Maryland, and (they called about a transcript and seemed optimistic) possibly U of Mass soon.

And just got one from U of Michigan (10/23).

mike

shaft

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 23, 2002
Visit site
Status
1. Akron City
2. York PA
3. U of Michigan
All via email

Feeling good about all the other programs folks have been hearing from, I just got my last LOR, transcript, and Step 2 scores uploaded last week.
I wouldn't worry yet if you have applied to some of the programs listed by others and haven't heard yet because you don't know what sort of ways they define a complete application and they do have a lot of apps in their piles.

mikecwru

M.D. = Massive Debt
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 21, 2002
Ohio
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
... and Vandy by email today.

mike

Path

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 27, 2002
Visit site
Status
I applied on sept 3rd or so....the monday after reg. opened. My packet was complete 3 weeks ago except the deans letter. I have so far been offered 14 interviews.

detroit rec
sinai grace detroit
st. johns detroit
William Beaumont
grand rapids
saginaw
U of Michigan
Wright State U
Hennepin county Minnesota
Med coll Wisconsin
U Mass
U Conn
Albany Med
Texas Tech

Also, Indianapolis sent an email stating that they don't invite until Deans letters are in.

mikecwru

M.D. = Massive Debt
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 21, 2002
Ohio
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
Originally posted by Path
I applied on sept 3rd or so....the monday after reg. opened. My packet was complete 3 weeks ago except the deans letter. I have so far been offered 14 interviews.

Hennepin county Minnesota

Any questions/comments i'd like to talk. AOL IM ACau
Hennepin has not sent me an interview invite, although I have a similar # of interviews so far. Another girl at my school got an interview there. I guess I'm not good enough for them. On the other hand, I was told Vanderbilt and Orlando were really good programs... I got interviews at those. Who knows?

What state are you in?

mike

ResidentEvil

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2002
Visit site
Status
In regards to Orlando, I have one bit of information to pass along. I am good friends with a recent EM residency grad (Albert Einstein Medical Center, Philly), who is working at a trauma center in FL. One of his co-workers is a recent grad of Orlando's EM residency. The AEMC grad says the Orlando grad is horribly unprepared and believes he is a liability to the practice... although he did have the disclaimer that it could be solely the grad responsible... but it might be a reflection on the residency.

Path

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 27, 2002
Visit site
Status
HI Mike....

Im way down here in Texas...sigh. I wouldn't sweat the Hennepin thing. I didn't apply to Vandy but I know that it is a great program and I you have an interview there, you are doing pretty well. Think of it this way...you'll get to save money.

What state are you in?

mikecwru

M.D. = Massive Debt
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 21, 2002
Ohio
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
Originally posted by ResidentEvil
In regards to Orlando, I have one bit of information to pass along. I am good friends with a recent EM residency grad (Albert Einstein Medical Center, Philly), who is working at a trauma center in FL. One of his co-workers is a recent grad of Orlando's EM residency. The AEMC grad says the Orlando grad is horribly unprepared and believes he is a liability to the practice... although he did have the disclaimer that it could be solely the grad responsible... but it might be a reflection on the residency.
I don't know. From what I've heard, Orlando is *considered* a really good program. I don't know what the actual quality of the residency is. I would suspect that if a grad is totally terrible, it's a lot more his/her fault than the residency itself.

mike

mikecwru

M.D. = Massive Debt
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 21, 2002
Ohio
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
Originally posted by Path
HI Mike....

Im way down here in Texas...sigh. I wouldn't sweat the Hennepin thing. I didn't apply to Vandy but I know that it is a great program and I you have an interview there, you are doing pretty well. Think of it this way...you'll get to save money.

What state are you in?
I'm in Ohio. I didn't get a rejection from MN, I just haven't heard anything. Will see what happens. I applied to UT-Southwestern also. What do you think of that program. I've heard from (just a few people) who say it's an absolute zoo (in a fun way!).

mike

Path

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 27, 2002
Visit site
Status
I really don't know too much about the Texas programs because I don't want to stay here. I do know that Parkland is a very busy place. The medical school is known for being the most competitive in the state, so I would assume the residency isn't easy to attain either.

jonbonjovi

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 7, 2002
Visit site
Status
Umass
Rochester
U Mich
Wash U
King Drew
Lincoln (Brooklyn)
Kansas City-Missouri
Mt. Sinai
Emory

Anyone know when should the majority of interview offers come? The ones I really wanted haven't come yet. Is it time to worry? THanks.

shaft

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 23, 2002
Visit site
Status
Mr. Bon Jovi,
I think most places wait for the Dean's Letter. (Indy sent an email stating this and I know Univ of Cinci waits.) So the bulk of offers come out in early to mid November.
:cool:

About the Ads