Confused2626

10+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2008
Status
There are plenty of threads discussing interview clothes, what to pack for interviews, etc etc...

But, I am confused, what do you actually bring TO the interview?

Should I bring a copy of my application, is that expected? For job interviews, you should bring a copy of your resume, so I don't know if this is along the same lines.

I saw a post from 2002 where the general consensus is NO to backpacks. However, I would feel silly with a briefcase...I am too young to pull that off, and I don't want to look like an over eager pre-law student. Do I even need to bring anything? A notebook...a folder...or is it assumed the med school provides these?

Homoochan

10+ Year Member
Aug 12, 2008
Status
Attending Physician
yeah.. i was wondering about this too..
hotel checkout time is usually 12pm right?
so what do i do with all those rollers and clothes and stuffs?
just leave it with the front desk and come back and get it after the interview? :scared::scared:

Jun 28, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
They have all that application stuff on file, no need to bring it. In fact, I wouldn't even bring anything into the interview room with you. Treat it as a "friendly" conversation. I know if you have to check out of the hotel before your interview, schools will let you bring your luggage, bags, and everything else into the building and you can pick it up before you leave.

RafaTech

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2008
la la land
Status
Medical Student
There are plenty of threads discussing interview clothes, what to pack for interviews, etc etc...

But, I am confused, what do you actually bring TO the interview?

Should I bring a copy of my application, is that expected? For job interviews, you should bring a copy of your resume, so I don't know if this is along the same lines.

I saw a post from 2002 where the general consensus is NO to backpacks. However, I would feel silly with a briefcase...I am too young to pull that off, and I don't want to look like an over eager pre-law student. Do I even need to bring anything? A notebook...a folder...or is it assumed the med school provides these?

No backpacks, but what I do recommend is a leather portfolio with a notepad like this

http://www.amazon.com/Open-Leather-Padfolio-Calculator-Pockets/dp/B0009JOS4G/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&s=office-products&qid=1247984276&sr=1-12

You can store a pen and any loose papers you get during the interview. Also, it has a pad for writing your own notes on the school or for the interview.