Interview Notification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr JPH

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
When you are notified for an interview, how much notice do they give you?

Do they tell you "be here next week" or do they give you more time?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi JP - I just received my first interview invitation today (YAHOO!) and the interview is scheduled for October 9th. So in this case, they gave me approximately 2.5 weeks. Good luck!!

Hey JP,

When the schools call you they don't usually say (in my experience) "be here at this particular day at this particular time". They usually present to you a list of days and times they have available. Then you pick the date and time that best suit your needs. I set up my interviews last year usually around 3 wks from the initial phone call (that was the earliest they had!). Which will give you plenty of time to prepare for the interview (travel plans, etc.). Ok, back to studying. We have your first block of exams comming up this week at NYCOM!

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Frosty,

I am very interested in attending NYCOM. What types of questions are asked on the secondary form? Do you mind posting your first year classes. Thanks.

algae:

Firts of all, congratulations on the interview! Interviewing that early must be a great feeling.

Where is your interview?

When did you submit your secondary?

Thanks!

Thanks JP - I will be interviewing at UNECOM. I submitted my secondary around Aug. 25th, but one of my letter of rec writers didn't send in his letter until 2 weeks ago. Good luck with everything!

Hey yasostegirl3437 ...

Sorry for the delay, it's been a busy week. The secondary application for NYCOM you only fill out if you get an interview and you fill it out at the interview. Most of the questions were just Bio. stuff that you included on your primary application (name, address, secondary schools, job history, etc.). The only thinking question was an essay at the end that asked something like "Why NYCOM". I found this out prior to my interview on the "interviewfeedback.com" website (if you haven't already, I HIGHLY recommend checking in with that site on a regular basis prior to interviewing). I wrote my essay out before going to their interview and then just copied it over. I have to thank interviewfeedback.com here, since I saw a lot of people stressing out over writing an essay on the spot ... which is not good minutes before your actual interview.

In terms of classes, currently, we are taking Gross Anatomy, Embryology, Biochemistry, Physiology, and of course OMM. OMM has actually turned out to be a more interesting course than I had originally expected. I'm not sure yet what role it will play in my future career as a physician, but the more I learn about it and get hands on in the lab – the more interested I become. Also, we have a great OMM staff and some Fellows who really get you excited about the concepts behind the philosophy.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. I'll be more than happy to answer them.

Good luck on your path to becoming a physician!

-Frosty