Interview Offers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aznlazylady

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have question about interview offers. How many interviews do you go to? I have 8 interview offers right now, I do not know is that too much? Will it be harder for me to rank them or get match ? I am not sure. Can someone PLEASE give me advices ???

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I would think that you'd want to take as many as you feel you can handle if time permits ( scheduling, preceptor/rotation).

Congrats on your interview offers!I received seven interview invitations when I applied for residencies, and I attended all seven interviews. My school allowed students to take a vacation block during rotations, so I scheduled my time off during the month of February with the intention of interviewing during that time. In terms of logistics, even if you have the time off rotations, it can be difficult to attend that number of interviews. Traveling is costly and time consuming. For most of my interviews, I traveled to the interview location the day prior to the interview, stayed in a hotel, and traveled back afterwards - so the cost of hotels, gas, and food added up quickly. After I received my seventh invitation and finalized my schedule for the month, I felt that seven was my limit. I was planning on declining any further invitations if I received them, which I did not. In regards to your questions: 1) If you feel that you are financially capable of attending eight interviews and your schedule allows it, then go for it. This is especially true if you have already scheduled the interview/accepted the invitation. 2) I can't speak for everyone, but I didn't have much trouble ranking my programs. It was quite clear to me which were the bottom programs and which would be toward the top. I went back and forth with the top several programs a few times, but that could have happened whether I interviewed with 3 programs or with 10.