Interview Options

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rockman_ariel

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm wondering how common skype interviews are. They'd be really convenient for me since I live in Texas. I don't mind putting the cash down to drive/fly, but I'm curious for the sake of knowing what the options are.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I have never heard of any on the pod schools doing a skype interview. They want you to come to the school see the campus and meet people. Do you really think you would be able to commit to the school without seeing its facilities and meeting the staff and dean?

I have never heard of them doing any Skype interviews. That never really seemed like an option as I was going through the application process. I can't imagine that schools would do a Skype interview unless there was some sort of extenuating circumstance that prevented you from traveling for the interview. Like JR42, I too think it would be difficult to commit to the school without seeing the facilities and interacting with staff/students. If you do ask the schools about it I wouldn't mention that you are curious because it would be convenient for you. It makes it sound like you don't care enough to physically go to the school for the interview. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
While I've never heard of anyone on SDN ever doing a skype interview, according to the podiatric medical college info book, NYCPM occasionally does skype interviews.

I think it's something they will only grant if it's actually impossible for you to go to the school. Some schools actually treat the entire day as an interview, any faculty you speak to throughout the day can have input about whether they should accept you so the 20-30 minute interview through Skype might not be sufficient in some cases. Either way I certainly wouldn't commit to a school without seeing it in person.

Reactions: 1 user