interview outfit in the summer...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DO it right

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
for those guys who are interviewing early while it is still hot hot hot...what are you guys planning to wear?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
You should take off your jacket while outdoors if it feels too hot, though.

I had a 3/4 length sleeve under my jacket but it didn't help at all with the heat and for some reason everytime I put my jacket on the sleeves of the shirt would roll up, which was very annoying. I'd recommend a sleeveless silk shell.

Nice cargo shorts and a button down shirt.

For my interviews in warmer areas (Texas, Cali, etc) I wore a knee length business skirt with a 3/4 sleeve button down shirt, no jacket. I actually got them from Target for about $50 total. And I didn't get any weird looks or comments. I think girls would be fine with something like that.

Syranope2 said:
For my interviews in warmer areas (Texas, Cali, etc) I wore a knee length business skirt with a 3/4 sleeve button down shirt, no jacket. I actually got them from Target for about $50 total. And I didn't get any weird looks or comments. I think girls would be fine with something like that.
I have to say, girls seem to be pretty lucky with interview clothing...you can get a complete quality outfit for MUCH less than what a guy would pay for suit, shirt, tie. The only time its bad to be a guy.