Interview packet from U of Chicago

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ItsTimein2009

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I am currently scheduled for an interview at U of C. According to the confirmation email the day starts at 7 AM at Lutheran General all the way out in Park Ridge. They have no hotel deals - the email simply said "You may choose to stay at one of the many hotels adjacent to the airport" which is SOOO helpful for those of us who have never been to Chicago before, let me tell you.

I guess I'm asking if anyone has received the interview packet and whether it had any helpful information in it? Is there a pre- or post-interview social function?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi:

So I asked the secretary about it and she told me there is no pre-interview event. Cheers and gluck.

J

Lotta red flags...

Members don't see this ad :)
Lotta red flags...

give me a break!

UofC is a fantastic program.

there are some uofc residents on this board, as well as former grads who can attest to this. i only have second hand knowledge, being at another program in the city.

but a word of advice, please be careful what you say during interview season. you're not as anonymous as you might think. and remember EM is a small, small world.

and remember EM is a small, small world.

Out of curiosity, why do you hear this so much? The 2008 match summary shows almost 1400 EM spots filled. I know this has increased in recent years but it still doesn't seem like it could be that small a world.

Out of curiosity, why do you hear this so much? The 2008 match summary shows almost 1400 EM spots filled. I know this has increased in recent years but it still doesn't seem like it could be that small a world.

trust me, the EM world, especially locally, in chicago, is a small world. everyone knows everyone. that's just the way it is.

Update: UofC came through on a number of fronts.

Lutheran General Hospital is located 40min north west of Chicago. If you are still in search for a hotel you can either stay in the city (more $$), near Ohare airport, or if you think you will have trouble in the morning getting there another option is to stay/catch a ride with one of the residents. Email the program secretary, and she will send an email to the resident class, and one of us can contact you directly to help out.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, there will NOT be pre/post interview social gathering. Interview season is already so tiring. We'd rather you be well rested and alert for the interview day.