Interview Prep Pregunta

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DMBFan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay - so it looks like a lot of interviewers ask about medical ethics. I have NO experience at all with these kinds of issues - I didn't take bioethics or anything, so I'm thinking should I take one of these classes as an undergrad as a perspective course or just read up on bioethics issues in my free time?

Members don't see this ad.

A class isn't neccesary. Someone posted this link on a thread a while back:
http://eduserv.hscer.washington.edu/bioethics/topics/index.html
I found it very helpful.

You don't have to be an ethics guru either, on one of my interview days, I was chatting with some M1s and we were talking about interview ethics questions and I knew more than they did about parental decision making because I had recently reviewed the above website...

Members don't see this ad :)
yes, that is a wonderful website.

i dont think you need to take a class. just sit down and think about some of the big issues. and think about this, what would you want the dr to do if you or one of your family members was the patient? im sure you can answer that question. once you do, you should be able to answer anything. my point: just think of yourself as the patient, what would you want to happen??

killer website. thx