DMBFan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2004
Status (Visible)
Okay - so it looks like a lot of interviewers ask about medical ethics. I have NO experience at all with these kinds of issues - I didn't take bioethics or anything, so I'm thinking should I take one of these classes as an undergrad as a perspective course or just read up on bioethics issues in my free time?

DrBodacious

15+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2003
A class isn't neccesary. Someone posted this link on a thread a while back:
http://eduserv.hscer.washington.edu/bioethics/topics/index.html
I found it very helpful.

You don't have to be an ethics guru either, on one of my interview days, I was chatting with some M1s and we were talking about interview ethics questions and I knew more than they did about parental decision making because I had recently reviewed the above website...

About the Ads

docmemi

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2003
Los Angeles, Calif.
Status (Visible)
yes, that is a wonderful website.

i dont think you need to take a class. just sit down and think about some of the big issues. and think about this, what would you want the dr to do if you or one of your family members was the patient? im sure you can answer that question. once you do, you should be able to answer anything. my point: just think of yourself as the patient, what would you want to happen??

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.