Interview prep question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

predent1011

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys!

I'm interested in pursuing research in addition to clinical work. I was wondering if it is worth contacting the schools to learn who would be interviewing me. I figure that if a PI or any researcher is interviewing me then it would be a good idea to look up their recent publications...just to be prepared.

What's your advice? Thanks!
 
I'm not sure if they would divulge that information, but I suppose it doesn't hurt to try! Just don't make it a highlight of your interview and forcefeed them the fact that you know about their work or anything; mention it in passing, catch 'em off guard and they'll be pleasantly surprised. 🙂