Interview Prep Thead

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

BlackSails

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We already have a thread for applications, and one for the PS, but none for interviews.

What I would like to have here is people who have had interviews list some of the more difficult questions they were asked, as well as the ones that were asked by multiple schools.

Ill start off the list (despite not having applied yet)

*Why do you want to be a doctor?
*Why do you want to be a doctor instead of a nurse/dentist/etc
 
Probably your best source of information is the Medical School Interview feedback page. Choose the school you hope to interview at and you'll see dozens of reports with lots of difficult questions.
 
I was never asked any "tough" questions, per se. The interviews were a lot more low-key than I thought they'd be. Just be honest and you'll do alright.

My advice would be to have well thought-out answers to the question "Why X school of medicine?" That's the only question that I was asked at every interview.