Interview Prep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LetMeIn

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys!

This is my first year applying and i goofed... applied a little late (end of NOV) so schools are only now starting to take my app. I am in Canada, so a few schools already rejected me right away since im not an american citizen.

I got my first word from Temple today, asking me to come for an interview. I was hoping someone may have some school specific advice with regards to the interviewing at Temple.

They technically dont have my $30 supplemental fee yet. They've asked me to submit it right away and call them to setup the date/time for the interview.

Help!

-noobie

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on your interview at Temple, it's truly a wonderful experience to not even submitting the fee and get invited. It was the same for me. Why don't you call them first thing tomorrow morning and set up the interview. There are lots of Canadians go to Temple. When I interviewed there, also 2 canadians were in the interview group.
The interview at temple is really relaxed. First, Mark will introduce about the school, then you'll write an assay (30min). Then, it'll be a tour of the clinic. You'll eat lunch with some 3rd and 4th year students. After lunch, you'll be assigned to a group of 4 or 5 students and have interview panel (a faculty member and a senior student). Afterwards, Mark will talk about financial aid, housing and etc...You may want to come up to his office and ask about your file.
Have your money and lor sent out, then you'll be good.
Tink

Hey I've applied at Temple, but havn't heard anythign, but just had a question bout the essay thing... When you said you have to write an essay after introduction, can you write the same essay (personal statement) that you wrote on the initial application with AADSAS?????

Members don't see this ad :)
The essay is not the same as your personal statement. Each person in the interview group gets a question about ethics, philosphies, and other trends in dentistry. I got the following:

"The ADA states that there is no correlation between DAT scores and overall success as a dental student and dentist. What do you concider success?"

It's easy. No right or wrong answer, just start writing.

DesiDentist

Oh ok, Yeah I was kinda curious... Thanx for clearin that up.....

HI Noobie,

Am curious what are your stat because i got a rejection from temple and I am a canadian applicant too??

SALLL