Interview Process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sistermike

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok I am not that far as to applying to med schools or anything. But I was reading how much money all of this costs you guys. Just curious, but where in the heck do you guys get $8000???? That is the one part I am scared of.

Members don't see this ad.

Multiple credit cards with cash advances. And, sometimes mom and dad were willing to help out a little.

$8000 is not the average. I interviewed at eight schools and it cost about $700. I took amtrak (the furthest was 24 hours to Chicago) or drove, and used a student host whenever possible. Get a Student Advantage card to save 15% on Amtrak and Greyhound.

$8000 is probably not the cost for interviewing. I interviewed at quite a few schools and did not spend that much just on the interviews. That figure seems a bit high to me. My guess is that it is the total cost of primary, secondary, and interviews combined.

For me, I spent rounghly $5000 for the whole cycle. Where did I get it? I worked and I saved up during undergraduate years.

And there is always plastic! :D