Interview Q’s: Louisville, Buffalo, UPitt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eran76

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Applied late so my first set of interviews is coming up this month:

Buffalo: Thurs. Jan 20th
Pittsburgh: Mon. Jan 24th
Louisville: Mon. Feb 7th
Washington: Just hoping :)

I’ve read through the old interview threads on these schools, but if you’ve got any info on the schools/programs, the interviews, opinions, rants, raves, etc., reply as you see fit.

Questions:
1) Anyone with these interview dates?
2) Given the dates, are my interviews for the alternate list?
3) Anybody live in these cities and/or go to these schools? Opinion on livability and cost.
4) Anything specific about the interviews at these schools? What did they ask you? The day’s format? Good/bad experience?
5) Airports, hotels, cabs and shuttles: advice for these cities?

Thanks guys,

eran76

GPA: 3.51 (+/- 3.6), Sci: 3.27, DAT: 20/20/20
AADSAS #: 6243
Applied: UW, UB, UoL, UPitt, Creighton, USC, Marquette, AZ, UK, UoP, Penn, Temple.
Scheduled Interviews: Louisville, Buffalo, UPitt
Interviewed:
Attending: ?

Members don't see this ad.

I am not going to write a note thanking the guy who helped me in organic chemistry!!

I am a second year at PITT. For all of you having your interviews coming up in this new year I can help you out a lil bit. When you fly into Pitt international take the "flyer" into the city. It costs about 3 bucs, which is a lot better than taking a cab for about 40! For hotels just do a search on travelocity or something to find the best rate. If any of you want to save a little money I live in a dental fraternity house about 2 minutes away from the school, just PM me if your interested. Also, if there are any specific questions about the school PM me as well. Peace out

Pantherpaws

For Buffalo - fly into the Buffalo-Niagara Intl. Airport. Stay at the Travelodge across the street from the Dental School so you can walk to the school the morning of the interview (< 5 min.). As far as getting from the airport to the Travelodge, I guess take a cab, you should be able to find one at the airport.

Check the weather before you come so you can bring appropriate coats and shoes.