interview question - What scares you about medical school?

Started by shch0730
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

shch0730

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was reviewing the interview questions for UPenn and one of the questions is "What scares you about medical school?" OR "What is one fear you have of medical school?" I have no idea on how to answer this question, any suggestions? thanks
 
Think about what your concerns are about starting medical school, and present it in a way that makes you look thoughtful, mature, and insightful. You can also mention what you are doing to address your concerns. Also, try listing one concern and expounding on that, rather than handing the interviewer a basketful of worries.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The alcohol poisoning you'll get after you celebrate the end of your first exam.
 
i'm scared i'll study too much and not get enough sleep. i'm scared i might not be able to keep in touch with my family enough because im such a dedicated student. /brownnose
 
Honestly, I'm scared I'll lose the ability to connect with non-medical professionals as medicine is very consuming.
 
Medical school doesn't scare me. There's nothing that makes me uneasy or else I wouldn't be signing up for it.

I suppose my first cadaver dissection and rotating through ER get me... nervous? I'm not looking forward to seeing wanton gore, but I know I'm going to and I'm mentally steeled for it.

I don't know how to answer this question. The obstacles of medical school as I understand them are workload/time, USMLE, gore, adapting to new responsibility and all of that good stuff. I might be missing something and I'm definitely naive, but I haven't heard of anything in medical school that I'm afraid of.

You're a party pooper.