Interview Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Is oral healthcare a right or privilege?

• Right

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • Privilege

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

re2pect

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Reason why you think it's either a right or privilege?

Members don't see this ad.

Why don't you think about that and come up with your own answer.

Reactions: 1 user
Talking to friends who've had interviews, sounds like there's a lot of yes/no, black/white questions presented. Instead of playing into that framing, show them that you're an intelligent person who understands that life doesn't fall into convenient categories. Talk about different points of view and why they're legitimate. If you look at our American culture as being based on contract law and tort law (honor your agreements and don't bother people who don't want to be bothered), you could say that health care is a privilege. If you 1) believe people in a great position to help other human beings are morally obligated to do so, or 2) believe that we've evolved economically to the point where we can provide healthcare to everyone, then you could look at healthcare as a right.

So paint the landscape first. But don't finish too wishy washy: come down at the real-life compromise that you feel is appropriate.

They're not looking for the right answer. They're looking for an intelligent and empathetic answer.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Why don't you think about that and come up with your own answer.
I have an answer. I just wanted to see others point of view. I don't need you to tell me what to do.

Reactions: 2 users
You could talk about the advantages and disadvantages of healthcare system's with presuppositions on both sides of the spectrum. (ie Canadian vs. American). The implications of each can help lead you to final answer/opinion.