Interview Question...

Started by is0632894
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

is0632894

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To all the Adcom members out there (@Goro, @gyngyn, and any others I may not know), should I bring a padfolio with my CV or any other information into my interview sessions? Would it be frowned upon if I were to bring in a notepad with questions I wanted to ask at the end of the interview?

Thanks for the help!
 
If the school wants your interviewers to have information about you, the school will provide that to the interviewer. The interviewer is there to talk with you, not to read your CV.
If your memory is so poor that you feel the need to write down the questions you wish to ask, do so but please, don't be like the dolt who asked me if he could ask a few questions and pulled out a 14 inch length of paper with 2 dozen questions written on it. (true story)
 
The interview is NOT for show and tell.

Having your questions written down on a pad is OK, but pay very careful attention to my sage colleague LizzyM.

To all the Adcom members out there (@Goro, @gyngyn, and any others I may not know), should I bring a padfolio with my CV or any other information into my interview sessions? Would it be frowned upon if I were to bring in a notepad with questions I wanted to ask at the end of the interview?

Thanks for the help!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The interview is NOT for show and tell.

Having your questions written down on a pad is OK, but pay very careful attention to my sage colleague LizzyM.
Don't most people just ask a couple questions? Is it likely under stress people would blank out and that's why they write them down?
 
I wouldn't ding anyone for having the pad with questions, but really, you're considering going to a place when you're going to dump four years of your life, be under a lot of stress, while forking over >$250K the privilege , and you can't remember the questions you'd want to ask?????


Let's put another way: your friends set you up on a date with a really hot person. You need to have questions written down????

Don't most people just ask a couple questions? Is it likely under stress people would blank out and that's why they write them down?
 
I wouldn't ding anyone for having the pad with questions, but really, you're considering going to a place when you're going to dump four years of your life, be under a lot of stress, while forking over >$250K the privilege , and you can't remember the questions you'd want to ask?????


Let's put another way: your friends set you up on a date with a really hot person. You need to have questions written down????
...I always bring my notebook of questions I want to ask. How else do people keep track of details??

jokes aside, I get how under the stress one may blank out--but I truly love the schools I'm interviewing at, so I think it's safe to leave the paper at home
 
If the school wants your interviewers to have information about you, the school will provide that to the interviewer. The interviewer is there to talk with you, not to read your CV.
If your memory is so poor that you feel the need to write down the questions you wish to ask, do so but please, don't be like the dolt who asked me if he could ask a few questions and pulled out a 14 inch length of paper with 2 dozen questions written on it. (true story)
How many did you let him ask Miss Lizzy
Story time plz