interview question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

liquid29

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
does everyone go to interviews alone? or do you bring family members to view the campus along with you?

Members don't see this ad.

liquid29 said:
does everyone go to interviews alone? or do you bring family members to view the campus along with you?

my wife and I have had all the same interviews and they have been on the same day, but if we were not in this together I would definitely be going by myself.

ok good b/c im going to be going by myself....didn't want to be the odd ball...thanks for the response

Members don't see this ad :)
At KCOM your spouse/kids can come with you and while you are being grilled (just kidding!) they go off with a member of the SAA (student associate's axillary) and check out the town, get to know some of the other spouses, etc. I would strongly suggest bringing your spouse with you because your decision on where to go to medical school will affect your entire family.

I would find out what is considered acceptable at the specific school. It is a great idea, but I have heard that it is considered very poor form at some schools. An alternative is to schedule a tour that is not on the interview day with a student ambassador for a less-formal setting.

My father usually travels with me for some quality father-son time since my wife is too busy with clinicals. He usually does whatever around the town while I'm at the school. Traveling alone would really suck.

If I flew, it would be just me. However, I'm too poor to fly so I always end up driving.