interview question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marakah2

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have an interview scheduled for friday, one that required me to buy a plane ticket.

but, now i have an acceptance from somewhere else and i can't really see myself choosing the school where i'm interviewing fri. over where i've already been accepted-although there is always a chance i guess.

but, if i cancel my interview i'm left with airline tickets that i can't use, i already called the airlines and to transfer the tickets is more money than it is to buy new ones.

is it really bad to go to this interview friday thinking that i probably won't end up there. it seems like it would be too late for them to schedule someone else, and i would lose my money. i figure that if i've already invested so much in applying, it can't hurt to go look at the school. who knows maybe i'll fall in love with the place.

for some reason i feel like going is somehow bad. what do you guys think..?

Members don't see this ad.

If you know that you will not choose this school over the other one you got into, why not use the plane ticket and do some site seeing. Have a little vacation before med school starts. But, I guess that depends on where this new interview is at...

Members don't see this ad :)
the problem with that is that i can't afford a hotel and so i'm staying with a student host--which i doubt i can do if i don't go to the interview :confused:

Since you paid for the ticket already, go to the interview, just for the sake of experiencing another school. It might be fun.

I agree you should go. The school may surprise you and you might fall in love with it. If not, you will just learn to appreciate to like the school you will be attending even more.

you should go for the sake of science. see what happens to applicants when the act like a total ass. there was a guy who did a similar experiment with dating and it worked well. maybe we can establish a new theory on med interviewing as well. :)

you should go for the sake of science. see what happens to applicants when the act like a total ass. there was a guy who did a similar experiment with dating and it worked well. maybe we can establish a new theory on med interviewing as well.

---that would be funny huh.,

interviewer-why do you want to go into medicine

Me-to be rich of course!

Originally posted by Street Philosopher
you should go for the sake of science. see what happens to applicants when the act like a total ass. there was a guy who did a similar experiment with dating and it worked well. maybe we can establish a new theory on med interviewing as well. :)

That'd be really amusing. You just have to hope that the school doesn't talk to other schools. :)

-RA