Interview Questions (out of curiosity)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

seahawks54

Reaction score
Hi, I had a couple questions I was just curious about and wanted to see if anyone had insight.

1. Once you interview somewhere, is a decision or recommendation to the committee typically made pretty soon? Like within a few days? I just always wondered if you interview how long they “sit” on your application before deciding about you.

2. At the end of an interview, if you say thank you and that you very much enjoyed conversing with the interviewer, how truly important is it to send a thank you email/card? (I obviously plan on sending them, but I am just personally curious of if it even has an effect at all in the long run).

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

1. Once you interview somewhere, is a decision or recommendation to the committee typically made pretty soon? Like within a few days? I just always wondered if you interview how long they “sit” on your application before deciding about you.

Most committees will meet shortly after the interview takes place, while the impression of the candidate is still fresh.

2. At the end of an interview, if you say thank you and that you very much enjoyed conversing with the interviewer, how truly important is it to send a thank you email/card? (I obviously plan on sending them, but I am just personally curious of if it even has an effect at all in the long run).

I can only offer anecdotal evidence, which is that I never sent a thank you email/card and it never made a difference.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi, I had a couple questions I was just curious about and wanted to see if anyone had insight.

Thanks!

your status says "premedical" you are posting in the predental forum...
this question gets asked multiple times every year, use the search function...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
your status says "premedical" you are posting in the predental forum...
this question gets asked multiple times every year, use the search function...
I recently made this account quickly and didn’t realize I selected pre-med, I am pre-dental, just changed it on my profile. I’m well aware that I was posting in the predental forum, and well aware that this question has likely been asked but wanted some up to date opinions since the prior posts I’ve seen are really old. If you didn’t have a response to share, I’m not sure why you wasted time commenting on an innocent inquiry but to each their own. Have a good day :)

I recently made this account quickly and didn’t realize I selected pre-med, I am pre-dental, just changed it on my profile. I’m well aware that I was posting in the predental forum, and well aware that this question has likely been asked but wanted some up to date opinions since the prior posts I’ve seen are really old. If you didn’t have a response to share, I’m not sure why you wasted time commenting on an innocent inquiry but to each their own. Have a good day :)
yesterday is really old?

yesterday is really old?
This thread, which I have seen, only had a couple of personal speculations about the subject I’m asking about. Their original post is asking about the timeline of sending thank you’s, and I wanted to hear more peoples opinions on their own experiences of how beneficial they are, which Feralis kindly did.
With your logic, almost everyone on this page could find an “old thread” about whatever their inquiry is.
Respectfully, you aren’t the SDN police and you can’t tell students what to post or when to post. :) again, have a nice day!

Status
Not open for further replies.