Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Interview questions: Where do you see yourself in 15 years time?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by smile'n'laf, Dec 4, 2005.

1. smile'n'laf

smile'n'laf New Member

Pre-Medical
    If got an interview soon and i no this is a common question, and i got asked it at my last interview, but how much detail are they looking for you to go into? What kinda things do they want to no?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Law2Doc

Law2Doc 5K+ Member
    Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Just don't look at your watch and say "on the golf course".

They obviously are trying to see what your longterm goal is - or more importantly if you have thought things through. Its basically the same kind of question as what specialties you think you might interested in. You don't have to know the specifics, but you need to be able to portray yourself as hoping to go to med school for reasons better than because you "ran out of college", or because your parents want you to etc.

4. Overeducated

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    When I've been asked that in interviews my responses have never been very profound but my interviewers seemed satisfied. I just talked about specialty interests and said that I'm trying to keep an open-mind, yada yada.