Interview questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

microshar88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a database with interview feedback for the different programs? I know for med school there was but for psych, is there such a thing?

I know the different types of generic questions, to which I'm trying to formulate a confident answer, lol. But I was wondering things along the lines of what would you do if you had to do something against your ethics, etc.?

Just dont want to have a nervous breakdown during the interview. My numbers look pretty terrible so I'm trying to make up for my scores.

Members don't see this ad.

No, I don't think such a database exists, and it would be totally unnecessary anyway. In my experience, the applicant tends to be the one who does most of the asking. The interviewers may ask you to tell a little about yourself, how you became interested in psychiatry, what you're looking for in a training program, and why are you interested in their program. Aside from that, the most common question you will be asked is this: "Well, do you have any questions for me?"

If you've already had all of your questions answered by others prior to your meeting with a particular interviewer and you can't think of any new ones, it would be a good idea to repeat some of those questions. You might get different answers from different people, plus you don't want to have an awkward interview that ends early because you have nothing to say.

Reactions: 1 user