Interview Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SF83

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I have been reading through SDN forums and just wanted to let you all know the wealth of information I received!! Also, I thought I would put out a new thread. So some of us are interviewing now and there are a few basic questions that always seem to pop up according to the medical school feedback survey. I was thinking people can start posting questions AND answers to the interview questions so we can compare answers/learn from others.

For example,

1) What are your strengths? i would say i am a really good listener and form long lasting realationships with people

2) What are your weaknesses? I am soo stuborn!!!

3) What is the biggest medical issue facing Americans today? This is a tough one cause I would have to say the lack of medical insurance but that one would most definitally make me fall into a trap cause I don't know much about HMOs-- any other suggetions?

Im gonna post more questions as they pop into my head

If you could be animal which one would you be?- Trust me, I have heard this one was once asked!

Members don't see this ad.

Interview feedback is a really good source too.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have been asked the same questions over and over at both med school and career-level job interviews. They are, as follows:

Why this career/Why Medicine/Why Osteopathic Medicine?
Tell me about yourself
What are your strengths/weaknesses?
How do you handle stress/this situation?
Where do you see yourself in X years?
Why this school/company/department?

Make sure you confirm any answers to these questions you may have included in your secondary and elaborate further. It doesn't look good if you write about wanting to be a family doctor on your secondary but talk about your future career in proctology at your interview.

Being funny is risky. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Luckily for me it has the past few times.

Prepare well. Relax. Be yourself. After a few of these they become a piece of cake.

Good luck.

My questions are:

Who let you in here?

How did you get a negative gpa?

What happened to your face?

Do you realize you mispelled your name?

If I give you $10 will you leave right now?

:mad:

JohnnyOU said:
This one always sucks monkey balls.. especially when it's not your face their looking at :-/...

JohnnyOU said:
My questions are:

Who let you in here?

How did you get a negative gpa?

Do you realize you mispelled your name?

If I give you $10 will you leave right now?

:mad:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Know your app forward and backwards... be ready for a wierd question or two, just to make you think. I went to an interview, was ready for all the "standard" questions, DO and otherwise... I walk in and the interviewer asks me about what I keep in my invertebrate tanks... TOTAL BLANK.

I was dying... at that particular second, i COULDN'T EVEN REMEMBER WHAT A FRIGGIN INVERTEBRATE WAS. Silence.

Sound effect: **crickets**

After what felt like an hour or two, I recovered and told him about the breeding Procambarus clarkii and various snails.. but geez. If it's on your app (i forgot i had even mentioned my various tanks) be ready for it.

I ended up getting accepted there... totally wierd.