interview questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gkhan

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just wondering.

do people bring "stuff" maybe to show @ the interview?

i have this stone i did while shadowing that looks really cool,
and a small version of my research poster ~normal paper size

could it be a good show and tell thing or shy away from stuff like that?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

just wondering.

do people bring "stuff" maybe to show @ the interview?

i have this stone i did while shadowing that looks really cool,
and a small version of my research poster ~normal paper size

could it be a good show and tell thing or shy away from stuff like that?

thanks

This isn't show and tell...

In regards to the OP's question. Is it ok to bring a small portfolio with your app, and any publications you have, that way you have "your materials" with during the interview in case any questions come up??

Members don't see this ad :)
i'd say bringing a copy of your personal statement and some notes to look over might be a good idea. also, some paper with questions already written and space to write areas.

i would not bring a poster. but i would work on some fun yo-yo tricks.

i didn't mean a poster, its printout of a poster.

i've never interviewed before so not sure of the protocol for dental students. a few of my friends applied to med/vet schools and they were pretty lax (informal clothing, more personal during interview).

just trying to get feedback on what it's like in a dental interview :)

The first verse of ZZ-Top's "Sharp Dressed Man" should fill you in on the details of dressing for such occaisions lol.

Bring a copy of your secondary application essays if the school needed you to fill it. Some questions can come straight from there.

In regards to the OP's question. Is it ok to bring a small portfolio with your app, and any publications you have, that way you have "your materials" with during the interview in case any questions come up??

Not sure what this portfolio is :( or what to put in there...

Not sure what this portfolio is :( or what to put in there...

portfolio:a flat, portable case for carrying loose papers, drawings, etc.

Just bring a pen and yourself. No need for anything else, they will give you a folder to write crap in.

Did u guys receive BU interview from instae or outstate? When did u guys mail out?? I am worried that I did not receive anything...

personally, i'd keep it on me...for instance, if my research came up in the convo, i'd say, well i have a small poster summarizing it, in case you're interested? and show it off...if you really feel that it would give you an "edge" over other applicants.

You guys are freaking me out just a little! LOL. I have two weeks now to prepare for my interview at New Jersey (my state school) and I hadn't put much thought into what to bring. I was going to go with just my purse, a notebook, and a pen. I will just reread my personal statement and overall application, as well as my abstract and results from my research, beforehand so I remember it all in case any questions in the interview are drawn from it. I'm also going to scour their website and see what kinds of questions I can come up with and I will write them down, but also ensure that I know them. I don't think it's like you could be flipping through notes during your interview anyway. But this is my first one, so I'm not speaking from experience. I'm just hoping to survive it and get myself in :)

hey gkhan...
i had an int at uconn recently.,.. and i took the printout of my poster (8 X 11), the publication, and all that i ad in a folder. they asked me about research, i took the poster out and walked them thru it.... and they seemed impressed.. a lot of follow up research questions followed up and it dint seem awkward at all!!

so in short, ya you could take it... and yes u should show it if u can!

-masksof2004