Interview Rejections

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejection #3: Vanderbilt

Rejection #4 came while I was taking my "lunch break" in the middle of Step 2 CK from North Carolina - really was not a surprise and I'm still kind of wondering why I even put them on there in the first place...

Members don't see this ad.

Rejection#5: Columbia

I figured I should call the program and I got my answer. No biggie. The coordinator was very nice on the phone. I am trying to finalize my flight plans and I am hoping to hear from the rest of my programs soon.

Good luck everyone! :D

Rejection #6: Boston Children's/BCRP

It hurts a bit, was not unexpected, and is all good.

Best of luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejection #4: Boston children's

Also, I am apparently on hold at Hopkins...we'll see if that goes anywhere.

Thank you all for posting in both your glory on the invites thread and your not-so-glory on this thread. I have been reading without posting since the start of interview season, so I think I should finally ante up:
Rejection #1 MGH last week
Rejection #2 BRCP today
Bumps Boston down a little on my likely list of places, but it's okay because I am thinking it might be good to live somewhere you can actually survive on 50K/yr. ;)

Got my Boston Children's rejection today. Can't say it was a big shock, but since I'm not applying to too many places, that plus Brown make me a little uneasy.

I also received a BCRP rejection today. The letter struck me as a little strange. They emphasize "fairness above all else" in their selection process. Like they didn't think it was fair to give me an interview. Just seemed like a weird way to put it at the time.

put me on the Vandy rejection list.

put me on the Vandy rejection list.

Seconded (about a week ago). I'm going to chalk the Vandy hatin' up to regional bias. Seems every one of their residents is from Vanderbilt, the state of Georgia, or one of the Carolinas with a few from Arkansas to diversify things.

Still waiting on the pending no-no from Boston Childrens...

I guess I expedited the rejection process with my phone call to Seattle. Best of luck to everyone with the rest of their apps.

Waitlisted at University of Washington...not sure if this amounts to a rejection, at least this would be a relatively easy one for me to attend if offered an interview on short notice.

I was waitlisted at the MCOW as all their interview spots are filled. I promptly withdrew my application, because it has become so hard to schedule interviews with so few dates available at programs. I want this all to be over with. Just a few more to hear from, including UW.

Members don't see this ad :)
Probably expedited this by e-mailing for status...oh well, at least now I know.

Hopkins, and that's the last program I was waiting to hear from.

Rejected from UCSF...I guess this is what I get for complaining about not hearing anything! Oh well.

Rejected from Tufts. I'm not gonna lie, this one was kind of unexpected.

Sorry to hear about Tufts umass rower...I know you didn't apply to a lot of programs, that really sucks.

No Denver for me...I have to say, even though I have heard that their program is a bit malignant, this one was a real disappointment for me because I think I would have really liked the location.

Has anyone gotten a rejection from Yale? It's the last program remaining for me to hear either way from. Has anyone checked their status with them?
Thanks and good luck on remaining interviews.

Hey drjazz

I think Yale may be one of the programs that may not tell you one way or another. I looked at last year's threads and it did not offer any rejections. Granted, it could be biased because it was just one year. I would recommend that you either call or e-mail them for your status. I have done that for many of the programs applied to with varying successes, but many gave me an answer one way or the other. Best of luck with everything! I hope you get some good news.

Has anyone gotten a rejection from Yale? It's the last program remaining for me to hear either way from. Has anyone checked their status with them?
Thanks and good luck on remaining interviews.

UCSF.....no big surprise there

UVa - Thursday, not really a surprise at this point in the game, but definitely was a place I was really hoping to hear from.

Never heard from UCSF or UCSD.... ?

still waiting to hear from UC Davis, UNC, Children's National.
Rejected from Northwestern, U of Chicago, and Seattle. bummer.

I did not get rejected by CHOP... but I think that has more to do with the fact that I didn't apply there. I did get rejected from Boston Children's though!~

Thanks so much for all the support. I did not think it would happen but I got off the waitlist at Cornell and am so excited to get a chance to interview there.

Best of luck everyone! There are still chances to get off the waitlist.

Congrats Dr. J2B! I hope your interview there goes great!

longtime viewer, minimal poster. I too got rejected from Columbia, CHOP, Boston Children's and MGH.
Thanks everyone for sharing during this sometimes frustrating process.

:luck: Best of Luck with the match! :luck:

It's a "thanks, but no thanks" from NYU for me. Seems pretty late for it, and at this point I think I've got my big three.

Good luck to everyone!:)

Hey everyone,

Congrats on all your interview invites, and thank you for sharing your rejections as well. For personal reasons I applied extremely late (Nov 2nd), and as expected, have not received many invites. So far, I have been rejected at CHOP (no surprise whatsoever), Cornell, Mount Sinai, George Washington. I have been waitlisted at SUNY downstate and Miami Children's Hospital. I have received 4 interview invites, and I am still waiting to hear from quite a few programs (chances are slim of course). Oh well, I am still hoping for the best! I secretly wish that people who have already had 30+ interviews (like 2 of my friends) will cancel their end of january interviews:oops: so people like me have a chance at ranking programs.
Best of luck guys!