interview schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ericali

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Is right now still somewhat early for interview invitations? I applied to 14 schools and only got 2 so far. Well, 3 I guess-- two from Case Western, the college and university program. I have a solid MCAT score (36S) and a 3.76 GPA from Stanford. Good clinical experiences, some research (not oodles of it) that resulted in a paper for a 10 unit research class. My other schools are all the UCs, Havard, Stanford, Yale, Cornell, Columbia, GW, Albert Einstein, NYMC. I sometimes feel I haven't applied to many "safer" schools. Hmm...

I submitted all my secondar materials and letters Sept 20 or so.

Let me know what you think about the schedule. I had been expecting more interviews since I think I'm a decent applicant, so my main question is if this is still early in the season, especially for those schools listed. I know Stanford doesn't even start inviting till late October.

Private message me if you have any insights.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

Is right now still somewhat early for interview invitations? I applied to 14 schools and only got 2 so far. Well, 3 I guess-- two from Case Western, the college and university program. I have a solid MCAT score (36S) and a 3.76 GPA from Stanford. Good clinical experiences, some research (not oodles of it) that resulted in a paper for a 10 unit research class. My other schools are all the UCs, Havard, Stanford, Yale, Cornell, Columbia, GW, Albert Einstein, NYMC. I sometimes feel I haven't applied to many "safer" schools. Hmm...

Let me know what you think about the schedule. I had been expecting more interviews since I think I'm a decent applicant, so my main question is if this is still early in the season, especially for those schools listed. I know Stanford doesn't even start inviting till late October.

I think you meant to ask this in pre-allo.

you already asked this in pre-allo, you'll get the best resopnses there. Don't spam the forums. Good luck with your interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
i think ur submission date is still fairly recent to be expecting a lot of responses.
most schools seem to be pretty backed up.
i think ull start hearing from them in a few weeks.
no need to panic!

Hi all,

I think you just need to give some of the schools a little more time.... What did you write your personal statment about? ECs?

I have a ton of ECs and work experience: volunteered at the ER, backpacked in the wilderness, ran a student music group, lab assistant, taught MCAT Bio for TPR, etc. Research isn't super extensive and involves one 10-week independent research intensive class (not like a year or anything) for 10 units and an in-progress project on medical education "A formal assessment of Storytelling techniques on the quality of didactic medical education" which unfortunately hasn't gotten to the data stage yet. Got a grant and working on a ton of logistical things with collaborator, etc. In the essay emphasized why I want to be a doctor (good colleagues, optimism towards people, teaching opportunities), experience in the ER, experience running my group.

I have a ton of ECs and work experience: volunteered at the ER, backpacked in the wilderness, ran a student music group, lab assistant, taught MCAT Bio for TPR, etc. Research isn't super extensive and involves one 10-week independent research intensive class (not like a year or anything) for 10 units and an in-progress project on medical education "A formal assessment of Storytelling techniques on the quality of didactic medical education" which unfortunately hasn't gotten to the data stage yet. Got a grant and working on a ton of logistical things with collaborator, etc. In the essay emphasized why I want to be a doctor (good colleagues, optimism towards people, teaching opportunities), experience in the ER, experience running my group.

ericali...

based on your stats and experiences you are a solid app. I think you're just in the "review" phase. Given that your secondaries were submitted 9/20....it's only been a month. Most schools have variable timelines...some are faster than others. THE UCS are ridiculously slow b/c they screen...give them 8 weeks min. The other schools (YALE, HARVARD, STANFORD, etc...) go in order of applicants in line...also very slow. So, right now it'll be about waiting.

TIP: Focus on your interviews...and having 3 at this a great start :laugh:

Get your mind off SDN for some time too...go for a run..workout...spend time with friend..etc..it get's a bit impossible waiting and reading the interview invite/acceptance threads ...:luck: :luck: :luck:

PM if you have any Q's

PG :laugh:

I completely agree with PhotoGirl--- You will be absolutely FINE, review stages are just getting longer as we get further into the fall so don't bother comparing yourself to other people's timelines. I'm fairly sure you'll have a ton of interviews four weeks from now and will be agonizing over how to make it to them all on a sane schedule:) And also, like PG said: try to take long periods of time off studentdoctor.com, it is HORRIBLY anxiety-provoking and only useful for very specific questions

thanks photogirl and Max8!

If this were my first time applying I might be more chill, but I got in nowhere last year so I really want to get in this year!