Interview Schwag?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BigRedBeta

Why am I in a handbasket?
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So what kind of goodies have you gotten from your interviews?

So far I've received the following...

T-shirt (that fits properly and I'd actually wear in public): Nebraska/Creighton

Tote Bag: Oklahoma

Mini-Calculator: Arkansas, Oklahoma

Canvas Briefcase/messenger-type bag: Nebraska/Creighton

Water Bottle: Nebraska/Creighton

Cookies: Arkansas (Raspberry Chocolate Chip - ridiculously good)

Members don't see this ad.

Pitt gives you a goodie bag with a CHP coffee mug, water bottle, tiny bottle of Heinz ketchup, a Heinz "pickle pin", and a finger puppet.

Michigan gives you a pen/highlighter combo.

Members don't see this ad :)
Upon further inspection, there was yet another mini-calculator (all the exact same model, just different logos) from the joint Nebraska/Creighton program.

woww,
Nebraska/Creighton gave out some cool things

really nice travel mug from penn state...

USB Flash Drive from St. Christopher's
T-shirt from Nationwide Children's

Other places so far have given pens/pencils/folders

I got a gift card to Dunkin Donuts for guessing the number of jelly beans in a jar at UConn.

a pediatric stethoscope from SIU

At Rainbow in Cleveland we got a great battery-powered flashing luggage tag. We really didn't know what to do with it, since walking along at the airport with a strobe light hanging off of my suitcase isn't really my style, but it has made a great toy for our 20 mo son. Thanks Rainbow!

MGH - mug

WashU - goody bag with water bottle, unhealthy snacks, and most importantly: free and comfortable accomodations at the Parkway Hotel!

mayo clinic apparently provides a similar package: goody bag + hotel

and some other program apparently dishes out pediatric stethoscopes!!! nice!!! (i guess that would be SIU according to above post)

I hadn't thought of counting hotel accommodations. I'm only paying for one hotel room out of 12 interviews in this whole process...

UMKC/Children's Mercy: Kansas City spectacular. Growing up in KC, I was pretty pumped with the KC specific treats...the only thing that was missing was some Boulevard Beer!

1) Tote bag...though it's kind of "diaper-baggish". Not one I'll be using often
2) Nalgene style plastic water bottle
3) a rather large bottle of Jack Stack BBQ Dry Rub (Jack Stack is absolutely one of the greatest BBQ restaurants in the Country)
4) Small bag of Kansas City Roast coffee from KC based "The Roasterie" - Delicious.
5) CMH logo'd USB drive.
6) Small bag of M&M's (they did the custom print job thing so CMH is printed on the side of the candies).

A pediatric stethescope?! And someone has gotten 11 free hotel rooms?! Man, I've gotten ONE free hotel room, one subsidized hotel room, and the luggage tag thingy at Rainbow. Not that I'm not grateful.....

And someone has gotten 11 free hotel rooms?!

Actually I haven't gotten 11 free hotel rooms. It'll end up being 6 that I actually used, though the offer was there for 10 of my 12 interviews...Only Wake Forest and Arizona did not.

• My home program, obviously stayed at my house. Though it does pay for hotel rooms.
  • I grew up in Kansas City, and my parents still live in the same house I grew up in, so I stayed there for the interviews at Kansas and UMKC/Children's Mercy. Both programs pay for hotels though, and UMKC reimburses up to $300 for travel.
  • One of my best friends is doing his residency at Arizona, so I stayed at his apartment, though UofA does NOT pay for hotel rooms.
  • In Dallas at UT-Southwestern, stayed with another friend. They do pay for hotel rooms though.

It certainly wasn't any sort of plan on my part, just the way it happened.

Actually I haven't gotten 11 free hotel rooms. It'll end up being 6 that I actually used, though the offer was there for 10 of my 12 interviews...Only Wake Forest and Arizona did not.

• My home program, obviously stayed at my house. Though it does pay for hotel rooms.
  • I grew up in Kansas City, and my parents still live in the same house I grew up in, so I stayed there for the interviews at Kansas and UMKC/Children's Mercy. Both programs pay for hotels though, and UMKC reimburses up to $300 for travel.
  • One of my best friends is doing his residency at Arizona, so I stayed at his apartment, though UofA does NOT pay for hotel rooms.
  • In Dallas at UT-Southwestern, stayed with another friend. They do pay for hotel rooms though.

It certainly wasn't any sort of plan on my part, just the way it happened.

Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to imply that it was planned! I think it's awesome!!!

Wisconsin goody bag with candy, a bottle of locally brewed beer, tiny calculator

Ohio State - long sleeve tshirt, best hotel i've ever stayed in

Phoenix Children's Hospital/Maricopa Medical Center gives everyone a mini calculator and a chocolate bar.

They also pay for your hotel room if you're traveling in from out of town.

Ohio State - long sleeve tshirt, best hotel i've ever stayed in

Amen to that...it was awesome. Who knew that spending $1400 on a mattress and $2500 on sheets/blankets could make such a difference?

And kudos to OSU for securing late check out (3:30pm) as well as ending the interview day early (1:30pm). I got a nap in and loved the fact that I didn't have to change clothes in the hotel lobby bathroom!

And kudos to OSU for securing late check out (3:30pm) as well as ending the interview day early (1:30pm). I got a nap in and loved the fact that I didn't have to change clothes in the hotel lobby bathroom!

I forgot to mention built in nap! I didn't get to use it as I was going to another interview that afternoon, although i strongly considered it anyway.