Interview Trail

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ezangjen

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone gauge how far along we are in terms of getting invites for interviews? It seems (based on the interview lists in this forum) that a majority of the top tier programs have not responded yet, so I'm guessing it's still pretty early in the game and hopefully a flood of interview invites will come after Nov 1? I'm asking b/c some of my classmates who applied to pediatrics have already heard back from almost every program they applied to.

Also, does anybody know if most programs will let you know if they've declined to interview you?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in the midst of applying too, so I have no direct experience with the timing of interviews... but based on the threads from last year it seems like many programs waited until November to send out invitations, although there are some notable programs on that list that sent out invites earlier last year. I'm n00b, so I don't know what to make of it. :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
As noted, many programs do not start interviewing until late November/early December and may in fact wait until Dean's letters are released (after November 1). So its still quite early in the game.

In addition, most programs will not let you know if the do not plan on inviting you; I"m still waiting to hear 7 years later! ;)

As noted, many programs do not start interviewing until late November/early December and may in fact wait until Dean's letters are released (after November 1). So its still quite early in the game.

In addition, most programs will not let you know if the do not plan on inviting you; I"m still waiting to hear 7 years later! ;)
Kimberly Cox, I have to say you've been a great help over the year w/ your feedback and suggestions, I wish there were more of you out there. If there was an SDN award, you'd win hands down.