Interview Visual Aids?

Started by Dblvsn
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dblvsn

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering if anyone took small visual aids (pictures, etc.) to any of their interviews?

A friend of mine, who applied last year, and is now a first year at SCCO, took two pictures with him to his interviews (ICO and SCCO). He was accepted by both schools and recommended that I take visual aids too.

He took two pictures, one of him volunteering and the other was a wacky picture of an elderly man who his dad (an optician) fitted with glasses on a relief trip to the Philippines. He said he used the visual aids when answering the interview questions.

I was planning on taking a picture or two, and an article the local newspaper printed about one of my volunteer projects.

What do you all think? 👍 or 👎 At the very least, I think it would make me stand out from the other applicants.
 
I agree... I wouldn't do it, and I think I'm pretty cheesy! --- unlesssss to show how interested you are you can tell them you have a dog named glaucoma and a cat named myopia and bring pictures of them!! I think it would be best if you could get a cat with abnormally large bulging eyes.

please don’t do that
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Kristene9 said:
I agree... I wouldn't do it, and I think I'm pretty cheesy! --- unlesssss to show how interested you are you can tell them you have a dog named glaucoma and a cat named myopia and bring pictures of them!! I think it would be best if you could get a cat with abnormally large bulging eyes.

please don’t do that

I'm in firm agreement. What if your interviewer is lactose intolerant?! 😉
 
al-majhul said:
I'm in firm agreement. What if your interviewer is lactose intolerant?! 😉


hahahha that one took me a while. -- good one
 
Dblvsn said:
I was wondering if anyone took small visual aids (pictures, etc.) to any of their interviews?

A friend of mine, who applied last year, and is now a first year at SCCO, took two pictures with him to his interviews (ICO and SCCO). He was accepted by both schools and recommended that I take visual aids too.

He took two pictures, one of him volunteering and the other was a wacky picture of an elderly man who his dad (an optician) fitted with glasses on a relief trip to the Philippines. He said he used the visual aids when answering the interview questions.

I was planning on taking a picture or two, and an article the local newspaper printed about one of my volunteer projects.

What do you all think? 👍 or 👎 At the very least, I think it would make me stand out from the other applicants.

I would definately bring the article of you in the paper doing a volunteer project. I think it will show you are a very well rounded individual and there is more to you than just school.
 
Dblvsn said:
I was wondering if anyone took small visual aids (pictures, etc.) to any of their interviews?

A friend of mine, who applied last year, and is now a first year at SCCO, took two pictures with him to his interviews (ICO and SCCO). He was accepted by both schools and recommended that I take visual aids too.

He took two pictures, one of him volunteering and the other was a wacky picture of an elderly man who his dad (an optician) fitted with glasses on a relief trip to the Philippines. He said he used the visual aids when answering the interview questions.

I was planning on taking a picture or two, and an article the local newspaper printed about one of my volunteer projects.

What do you all think? 👍 or 👎 At the very least, I think it would make me stand out from the other applicants.
Your buddie got into scco b/c his application was competitive...not b/c of any 'pics'. This has got to be craziest thing I've heard.....but if you are going to include some pics it should be you on spring break doing something crazy =)